Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, don't know if this is the correct thread, but I've fount a couple of makers marks on 3 rank markers i purchased recently:

a small version 1st Lieutenant marker: Sterling 22? (? could be an 8)
    a large version 2nd Lieutenant marker: S MARS ?/20/OK (? could be 1 or 7)
    a small version 2nd Lieutenant marker: V20IC*

Just gotten a couple of lapel buttons for the Commander's Award For Public Service.
    The makers mark is EP GI

Does anybody have any info on these makers marks?
    Last edited by Jarkeld; 10-12-2007, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Need help with manufacturer PIGI

Picked up a US Humanitarian Service Award and is stamped as PIGI on the clasp. Haven't seen that one before but suspect it is a variation of one of the more common authorized manufacturers. Can any of you more experienced collectors shine some light on it for me? Thanks,

Comment

Help Needed - V over Horizontal Diamond Maker's Mark?

Guys,

Can anyone identify the maker's name for the logo of a V superimposed (over) a lazy (horizontal) diamond? Have a pin back Combat Medical Badge with raised sterling and then this maker logo beside. Could this be a Vanguard mark? Have searched the forums with no luck. I can not post pics here but below is a link to another forum with pics (hope this is okay).

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/foru...maker,and,mark

Many thanks in advance ...... <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_353249-->

Comment

Williams &amp; Anderson Co

Not sure if this makers has been identified I didn’t see it in the big list nor did I find a graphic depiction of it. It may be noted in text form but not in picture so here it is.

This badge was purchased in a sealed badge with this mark on the back from Williams & Anderson Company.
          Attached Files

Comment

heres the badge from Williams & Anderson Co.
            Attached Files

Comment

Interesting find from the Vietnam era. The demand was so high for insignia that just about every jewelry manufacturer in the U.S. was getting some kind of contract.

This Williams and Anderson logo was in use from 1934, though the company was in business before that and had a prior emblem with an Egyptian-style wing on a "rising sun" background. The correct orientation on this one was turned 90 degrees counterclockwise from the way it is shown on the badge, so the diamond would run horizontally. The rendering on the badge isn't too good, but the official version isn't any better at revealing what the heck it's supposed to represent.

Comment

HLI Lordship Industries Inc. MoH contract with the US Government

What years did His Lordship Industries Inc., of Hauppauge, NY have the United States Government contract to produce the Medal of Honor? (what was the time span?).

(i.e. 1949-1998 etc.)?

Thank you...

Johnny R.

Comment

Listing of manufacturers:

Thank you for listing the list of medal manufacturers. this Help greatly in research.

Johnny R.

Comment

Here's a new mark I have not seen before. It is on a Expert Marksman Badge and the name is DAVORN and it is stamped upside down on the badge. Looking at the construction I would place this badge in the 1950's to 1960's time frame. Davorn Industries is who I believe it is and they were big in costume jewelry from what I have been able to find.

Gary
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Gary Cain; 10-29-2009, 06:41 PM.

Comment

the mark
                      Originally posted by Gary Cain View Post
                      Here's a new mark I have not seen before. It is on a Expert Marksman Badge and the name is DAVORN and it is stamped upside down on the badge. Looking at the construction I would place this badge in the 1950's to 1960's time frame.

Gary
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here is another recent find. It is just a basic ruptured duck but was made post war in France by the GUERAULT firm of 219 Rue St Denis Paris.
                        Attached Files

Comment

the makers mark
                          Here is another recent find. It is just a basic ruptured duck but was made post war in France by the GUERAULT firm of 19 Rue St Denis Paris.
                          Attached Files

Comment

And here is another English made CIB from a new maker to me. J&J of Birmingham. Has anyone ever heard of them?

Cheers
                            Gary
                            Attached Files

Comment

the makers mark
                              And here is another English made CIB from a new maker to me. J&J of Birmingham. Has anyone ever heard of them?

Cheers
                              Gary
                              Attached Files

Comment

j&j may have been a ww2 maker in the uk, heres the present day list, you might contact this sites webmaster to see if the mark is now defunct.
                                http://www.silvermakersmarks.co.uk/M...gham-J.html#JI

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X