X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VALERY226 View Post
    Bonjour,
    Very interesting post!
    Is it true that some CIB' 've been awarded after 1953 to members of DMZ patrols who received fire from NKPA ?
    Were 2nd ID members eligible for the combat patch after such contacts?
    Thank you
    Valery
    Yes and Yes. Particularly during the mid 60's when things heated up along the DMZ again. The worst period was from 67 thru 69. Quite a number of guys were killed and wounded during that period from ambushes, landmines etc etc
    Interestingly, the Army recently expanded the criteria for the CIB to include service on the DMZ up thru the time I was there. I was told by a guy who actually went thru the process that I qualified for a CIB now. I think its absurd. No way would I consider getting a retroactive CIB for what I did up there. It was fun and even a little scary at times but definitely not CIB worthy At best I could see awarding some of us combat patches but even that is stretching it.
    CIB's and combat patches for DMZ time has been kind of a hot button issue for a long time. I believe 7th ID awarded the Order of the Bayonet to some of their guys when they were denied CIBs.

Comment

btt

Comment

Here are a few of mine. I am getting material together to write a book on insignia and items from the DMZ. Have about 55+ armbands from DMZ/JSA MPs. And a bunch of insignia. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Comment

Loved this thread...here is my Armband. I had custom armbands made up for my platoon when we went on rotation to GP Collier. My PSGs and mine were personalized, the rest of the armbands were "position" armbands.

Gary B
          Attached Files
          ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Here are a few that I picked up recently and have not gotten around to putting them in cases. All have been vet aquired.

Last edited by THEPOLIZEIMAN; 01-31-2017, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Display of steins, ashtrays and buckles from the DMZ. The ashtrays were used on the tables at the Armistice signing in 1953. One is marked United Nations Command Military Armistice Commission Support Group and the other is regular UNCMAC. The large porcelain steins are the same way, from the same maker as the large porcelain ashtrays except the soldier's name is on the rear. One stein is named to General Morris J. Brady, known for being shot at in his helicopter after the Axe murder incident. The buckle on the far right is for the UNCMAC Honor Guard. And in the rear is a "totem" presented to LTC Edward L. Seagraves from the Swedish Delegation to the NNSC. LTC Seagraves was an Officer in WW2 with the Merrill's Marauders.

Comment

The large porcelain ashtrays present on the tables at the 1953 Armistice signing. Brass ashtray was given to USMC General Arthur H. Adams as a Senior Member of the UNCMAC, by the AADUNC.

Comment

The metal "MINES" sign was taken by a friend from the DMZ when he served there in the mid 70's. Assortment of various insignia relating to HQUNC and UNCMAC. Along with cloth korean made Joint Security Area slip on DUI's.

Comment

More insignia from the JSA and HQUNC. Top single DUI was for the Swedish soldiers stationed at the DMZ.

Comment

Even more insignia from HQUNC. JSA id badge and NNSC id badge. Joint Security Area Security Detachment badge, korean made...probably for a tour jacket.

Comment

Grouping to a friend of mine. He was stationed at Camp Pelham from '75 to '76.

Comment

Group to SFC. Kuhn. Stationed along the DMZ in the early '70's.

Comment

Various pieces of headgear.

Comment

Comment

Various armbands from the DMZ that date from the late 1960's to early 1970's.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X