Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi guy's

i'll try to answer all your questions.

guy i bought it after it had been attrbuted as i said this was my very first sword i bought . at the time the paperwork did not mean anything to me i bought it only because i loved the temper line . i had never seen one like that before i had looked at alot of swords but never bought one. plus i bought it at a good price.

nickn i bought it from a picker that mostly buy german stuff he found the sword in some guys closet so he had it at the sos show for sale.

geoff yes i took it off right away i have it right next to the sword on display in my case. unfortunately i don't know anything about the habaki i have never seen another one like it. i was hoping someone here could tell me about it.

nickn i don't know what to tell you that's the way i bought it and i put the paper work up for everyone to see. i have no answer for your question.

Comment

Originally posted by GHP View Post
      Sure! Think of it as an old sword re-purposed, cleaned & polished [maybe], re-mounted, quality controlled, shop-stickered, and sold.

It could have been purchased by a fairly well-off officer.

--Guy
      Guy
      Logical
      I always assumed these were a store sticker rather then a quality control sticker for the blade
      I have seen quite a few swords with this sticker ,and have a one somewhere,
      All have been machine made
      Bob
      Nice sword by a good smith

Comment

Wow Bob!
        Congratulations, that is a really NICE sword!
        You actually got me drooling!
        Cheers
        Ern

Comment

nickn's observations about having seen these labels only on machine-made blades correspond to what I wrote in post 7, that only mass produced blades were checked, so the blade in question would not have been subjected to the check. However, they also checked other forms of product before passing them on to other guilds to finish, so a label is still possible under such WIP terms.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X