Helmet cover with bamboo camouflage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helmet cover with bamboo camouflage

I would appreciate an evaluation of this helmet cover. No insignia is visible. Looks to be bamboo leaves woven into holes in the cover.

Thanks!

$_57 (1).jpg

$_57 (2).jpg

[ATTACH]2914223[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2914224[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]2914225[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2914226[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]2914227[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2914228[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]2914231[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2914232[/ATTACH]

Comment

I don't know about anything ... but the name is Hanazawa [flower wetlands-valley-marsh]

花沢
            Hanazawa

--Guy

Comment

Thanks!

I believe these might be palm leaves. See: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=68797

Comment

Yes, seen that cover online. Whenever I see that much camo material I'm skeptical. The lack of picture where insignia would be raised some questions too. Almost like a poor condition cover was enhanced. Never seen camo added directly through cuts in the cover . About all I can add. Without ironclad provenance it's a tough call

Comment

No issue stamps is also a concern and the fabric looks pretty clean for a supposed combat vet.

Rod

Comment

How about some more photos of the inside stitching wear they come to the inside crown?

Comment

Originally posted by Jareth View Post
                      Yes, seen that cover online. Whenever I see that much camo material I'm skeptical. The lack of picture where insignia would be raised some questions too. Almost like a poor condition cover was enhanced. Never seen camo added directly through cuts in the cover . About all I can add. Without ironclad provenance it's a tough call
                      I'll try to take pictures of it. These are seller pics. The cover looks worn to me. The vegetation looks old and is very brittle. I bought it because it looked too odd to be a fake. Supposedly from a marine vet but that's just a story at this point. Writing looks old. Could this be a navy cover?

According to John Egger, there are late war variants without stamps or insignia:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=119937
                      Last edited by NARVIK1940; 06-12-2014, 10:22 AM.

Comment

One thing is for sure.......Its pretty wild! The numbers remind me of Navy marked items I have seen. What does the area where the insignia should be look like? No insignia, never had it, or possibly removed insignia? The construction looks good to me.

PG-

Comment

Never had an insignia, Paul. It feels right in hand but the devil is in the details. The cover doesn't looked like it was used much during the war. It has an aged look to it, but not much wear. The holes look like they were made with a bayonet. If this is a real cover, someone ruined it by putting the camo leaves on it, if it is humped up. That begs the question as to why they would do it as it is really ugly. This kind of fakery would need years to execute, as the leaves show clear aging and are very dry and brittle. The cover is in really good shape otherwise. I can see a soldier doing this if he lacked a net and needed the cover - maybe a sniper? Maybe last ditch, such as Okinawa?
                          Last edited by NARVIK1940; 06-12-2014, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Matt Miller looked at two SS camo helmets one guy had years ago. Matt said they are both fake, the owner replied, "I have had both since the 60s". Matt's response was "That still does not make them real"!
                            Bob
                            www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

Something to remember for sure. Bob!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X