Lets see your MG08 - MG08/15 displays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lists?

I am hoping Imperial Militaria is the right section! I am still looking for 08 and 08/15 accessories but was wondering if anybody had the WWI German MG kitting list. An official list that details what a German WWI period MG section should have as part of their q
    equipments? VMT
    Mark

Comment

Latest pick for my MG
      Live booster soak can. this example is from Goldsmiths book (Devils Paintbrush)

Eric
      Attached Files

Comment

Threaded Soak Can

Eric lovely piece - I have been looking for one for 7 years!!!! This is the first type? as oppossed to the normal plain soak can similar to the o8/15 and BFA cans.
        Great find

Mark

Comment

Mg08 skl/dp

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/y...KLDPMG0824.jpg

I cannot compete with David, Eric and Johan plus many others! here is my humble instructional version.
          Mark

Comment

Is that better?

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/y...KLDPMG0824.jpg

Comment

Mark
              I wound,nt say humble I had to pick my lower jaw off the floor.
              maker, serial # and date could you post a closeup of the triangle sled maker plate?

Eric

Comment

more images

http://s795.photobucket.com/albums/y...KLDPMG0829.jpg

http://s795.photobucket.com/albums/y...KLDPMG0829.jpg

Comment

MGSs machine gunners bayo. knot?? Opinions?

Hello Guy,s
                  Are any of you edged weapon collectors. I purchased this knot and was told it,s maybe an unissued MGSs Fortress Machine Gunner piece. Comments gents?

Thanks
                  Eric
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Having lost the battle of 1870 / 1871, my region was annexed by German until 1918 they built of numerous barracks, in particular in the city of Metz, as well as forts to protect their new border.
                    I present you here one of the special mount of fortress for MG 08 who equipped one of the forts of the belt of Metz

[/url]

It was made in 1913 by AWS....

Below, a German map with the position of these forts, as well as their German names.

Forts depended on regiments of infantry as well as regiments or company of machine gunners of fortress (FMGA, festung maschinen gewehr abteilung) and (FMGK, festung mashinengewehr company)
                    The forts of Metz depended:
                    FMGA 12 to 15
                    Regiment of infantry: IR 98, 130, 144, 145.

Photo of the special knot for the 14th compagny, of infantry regiment. Its' the compagny of the fortress machin gunner (in white, beggining of war and in grey, middle since end of war)

Machine gunners' dog tags of fortress of Metz

This below, in the fort of Mutzig in Alsace...

For your knot eric, i think it's a private made for the 14Th compagny!

Best regards
                    david

Comment

Wow David
                      Iam speechless. I,ll let the pictures do the talking. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Gentlemen
                      May I put forward a vote to pin the Thread so future collectors can marvel and add to these beautiful weapons.

Specifically David,s superb pieces.

Regards
                      Eric
                      Last edited by 704hoss55; 11-30-2010, 06:28 AM.

Comment

David,

This is a very unusual mount. Was it able to traverse the gun from right to left? I don't see any mechanism for that in this frame. Thanks for showing this.

Chip

Comment

Originally posted by Chip M View Post
                          David,

This is a very unusual mount. Was it able to traverse the gun from right to left? I don't see any mechanism for that in this frame. Thanks for showing this.

Chip
                          May I Chip
                          The actual mount and gearbox are from a standard sledmount. The frame is the Fortress mount. The traverse slide is visable below the receiver.

Eric

Comment

Wow

What great displays, I really envy you guys. I haven't been collecting that long. I am especially impressed by the three mannequins. You are all doing God's work.

Comment

MAN! You guys have some fantastic collections! Mind blowing. Keep up the good work. Thanks for posting.
                              Wilhelm

Comment

MG08 Dragging Straps

Gents
                                Me MG08 Dragging or equipment carry straps. Worn with pride by those wonderful MG boy,s.
                                If you gents are,nt into MG gear I,d appeciate a pm if you ever come across a early leather job. I,ve scoured the surface of the planet and the inner core and never seen one offered for sale in 25yrs. Only in personal MG collections with a comment "Eric do,nt ask its not for sale" or "Get your dirty mitts off Eric". I,d buy the 'winner' a beer, even Chuck!

Cheers
                                Eric
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X