X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close up # 2.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice German Anti Tank Rifle! I was offered one once but did not have the 4,000 asking price. There is one currently on Gun Broker right now for 7 grand. Anyone rich enough? Over priced considering I still see MG 08's for around 7 grand.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=171637034

If anyone wants a MG08 I know of a re enacting site where one is for sale. Least it was last I looked.

W.

Comment

Great thread and lovely to see so many MG's.

I'm currently reading "Winged Victory" by Yeates who was a Sopwith Camel pilot during the war. In the book, he describes ground strafing being especially dangerous because of so many well trained and accurate German machine gunners.

Does anyone have any AA mountings for these guns to show?

Comment

Originally posted by Chip M View Post
          Eric,

I don't believe that production number is true. Indirect fire with machine guns was used as a fairly common tactic. These had to be widely distributed to MG units. I had one of these in the leather carrying case.

Chip

Hello chip, eric and others....

I keep for my display, 2 indirect fire optics, they are both made by Emil Busch, one is made in mars 1918 and the serial number is 125 and the other one is made in may (2 months after) and the serial number is 1150......i don't know if it's a true serial number because germans were lying with the number of made.
          Nevertheless i think they don't made thousand..

Chip, i only see this optics in wood case, could you show us your with the leather case?

And for Ben vk, a MG 08 and a MG 08/15 with AA sights...

Regards
          David

Comment

Incredible collections chaps thanks for sharing . Rob
            God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

David,

I really like the improvised mount for your MG-08. Any story behind it?

Alan

Comment

Beautiful and impresive display, I always liked the look,engeneering and quality of WW1 weapons, they have this amazing look of centurys old craftmanship and evolution with Industrial era technology and execution.

Comment

The photos are not very professional (before I had a digital camera), but you can see the fitted case. Unfortunately, I did not take a photo of the sight while it was in the case. Even though the site fit perfectly and there was an insert so that it would not move, the case looks more British than German. The letters "R.A" on the lid, may stand for Royal Artillery. There were no maker's marks or the normally seen British "Mark" designation. I bought it very cheaply, as it was identified as an artillery sight. The manufacturer is Franz Kuhlmann, Rüstringen i/O (im Oldenburg). The serial number is 15801.

Chip

Comment

Nice Chip
                    Thanks for showing.I like that dark paint.The case does have a 'Brit horsey' look doesnt it?
                    Especially the carry handle.

Eric

Comment

Thanks chip,

I have ever seen leather case for the "indirect fire optik", but it's not from WWI, it's from interwar. I think you have no date on your optic and the number is very high (false number, they maybe start the production at 15000); but the leather case isn't british, it's a real german made......

Regards
                      david

Comment

Stunning collections everyone.

Matthew

Comment

Thanks David. Nice to know it was a German case after all. There were no manufacturer marks or dates on the case. I wonder what the "R.A." stands for? Do you know German name for this site?

Regards,
                          Chip

Comment

Originally posted by Chip M View Post
                            Thanks David. Nice to know it was a German case after all. There were no manufacturer marks or dates on the case. I wonder what the "R.A." stands for? Do you know German name for this site?

Regards,
                            Chip
                            Hello chip,

RA means RichtAufsatz

Regards
                            david

Comment

08/15 Trommel

Wow
                              Someones happy today. 08/15 Trommel for 140 bucks!
                              Strange grey color but looks ok. If I,d known it was going for that
                              I would of chased the moths from my wallet and picked it!

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...416481359.html
                              Attached Files

Comment

Imperial MG

I am hoping Imperial Militaria is the right section! I am still looking for 08 and 08/15 accessories but was wondering if anybody had the WWI German MG kitting list. An official list that details what a German WWI period MG section should have as part of their standard mandatory
                                equipments? VMT
                                Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X