No announcement yet.

Bavarian MVKs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MVK, MVO, MVP, AVP, all the same family.

Comment

Oooooh, all right

In that case, here's a CMVO!

Comment

There you go, if it's Bavarian and it's got Merenti on it, let's see them all. I've always wanted to see every variation of all the classes, so many cased ones owned here.

Comment

This is fantastic! I was just asking Ricky to start a thred like this so I could see them all and learn! I have a request: Could you please not use abreviations?! And if you could name the class, type, ribbon type and what and who these were awarded to, this would be really educational for all us new guys! PLEEEEEZE! Maybe start with bronze ones as I believe they are the lowest class
          Thanks Boys!!!
          Best, Sal

Comment

Here is mine. bavarian militar verdienst kruez mit krone with a beampter ribbon. 3rd class
            Attached Files

Comment

Here's my MVK 2nd Class with Swords (on Frackspange)...

Comment

Sal,

The abbreviations aren't TOO bad once you get used to them . Here is a Militär-Verdienstkreuz 3.Klasse mit Schwertern und mit der Krone(MVK3mXmdKr), which was the starting level for NCOs. Also, an enlisted man could "add" a crown to his MVK3 if he proved his bravery a second time. This is on the war ribbon.
                Attached Files

Comment

Here's a scarce 2nd form (1905-1913) Second Class without the enameled disc.

Comment

Military Merit Cross....

....with Swords, but without the Crown, so just MVK3mX. This was the one given to privates. This one had the war ribbon, but it is in absolute shreds so it is stored seperately. These 3rd class bronze crosses, as well as the available crowns to each class, were instituted in 1913 and given through 1918; the 1st and 2nd classes had been instituted in 1866, with swords instituted in 1905.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Well, I could post a corker of a zinc MVK3X made in 1918-19, but the Jpegs are too large.
                      I'll post this instead, my favorite one being worn @1918:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Minis allowed?

Comment

Eric,

Take a look to my thread started in May 2002:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=bmvk+claudio

Beautiful MVKs you have, especially the ones without crown and with the "Friedensband"!

Ciao,

Claudio
                          Last edited by Klaus O.; 05-24-2004, 08:07 AM.

Comment

merged!

Hey guys I used a heretofor unknown, mysterious power and merged the MVO/MVK threads. Enjoy them all at once!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Yep....

... that was a Third Klasse!
                              Attached Files

Comment

--I've got a few of these, I'll have to take a few pics. One of the more elegant of the Imperial shiny-things - just beautiful pieces, guys!
                                --I've got a question. I have a lone Militär-Verdienstkreuz 3.Class with crown and Swords hanging on the same and very wrong ribbon for a few years now. I haven't been able to find a ribbon, and I've looked quite a bit. Anyone have any ideas?
                                --I've noticed that people put their 'wants' as their signatures, maybe I'll take that route...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X