Bavarian MVKs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rick (Stogieman),

Thank you for your nice words... It's really fun to post on the Imperial Militaria Forum. I learned so much and still do... Yes, please if you can find some MVK's without swords, let me know! Now, it's getting for me more exciting and more difficult at the same time, collecting MVK, because the next ones are going to be really hard to find.

Rick (Lundström),

Your proposal about classifing MVK sounds great! Too bad that I own only a cased MVK mit Krone und Schwertern. All MVKs I have are unmarked.I think that I never saw really a very detailed study on these MVKs, maybe until now considered not worth researching from the collector. But wait that prices are dramatically rising also in this branch of collecting. I got the impression that prices are already increasing right now. Did you see HH and Kube's catalogue: it seems that starting prices of every single article have gone up at least 20 %. from last year!! Euro makes it possible... I think that in Germany such medals were always more appreciated than in the States...

Jens,

Yes, please do post your MVKs, we are all very interested in seeing them!

Ciao,

Claudio
    Last edited by Klaus O.; 10-16-2002, 02:14 AM.

Comment

OK, here are my MVKs:

Comment

Back:

Comment

also a nice collection!

Und wann kommt das erste Kreuz 1.Klasse dazu?

Beste Grüße

daniel

Comment

Jens,

Very nice indeed! Very nice original ribbons, too. Is the ribbon of the MVK 3. Kl. mit Krone u. Schwertern a replacement one? Bavarian ribbons are so scarce... why? On the next shows I will keep an eye open for original ribbons. Did you ever see a MVK 3. Kl. mit Krone u. Schwertern late model in zinc?

I once met a very friendly Bavarian collector who said that he had all the MVKs, not to mention other rare Bavarian orders and medals. He showed me a couple of pictures and among them there was also a Bavarian medal bar of a General during the Franco-Prussian bar... just incredible... I forgot to mention that that guy is working for a Military museum in South Germany (Ingolstadt). For him it's easy! He's right at the source!

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

Hi Daniel and Claudio,

as soon as the Three-Medal-Bar with the MVK1 arrives I'll make scans of it. The ribbons for the MVK3wX and the MVK3wXaC are replacements. I am not sure, but I saw a MVK3wSaC in zinc some weeks ago at Philipp-Militaria or Bretzendorfer, but now its gone.

Comment

Bumped up for Mark, asking about these crosses

Comment

Fantastic!

Comment

My MVK

Hello,

I've got a question about my MVK 3rd Class with Swords in a case made by Hofkunstanstalt Jacob Leser from Straubing.

What's the white/blue ribbon that I found in this case?

Jan

Comment

This looks like an unofficial ribbon, maybe from one of the "Kriegervereine".

Comment

MVK 3. Kl. mit Kr. u. X in Zinc!!

Dear Imperialites,

I am proud to show you my last purchase; a medal bar with a scarce Bavarian Militärverdienstkreuz des MVO, 3. Klasse mit Krone und Schwertern, in ZINC!!! (4. Form 1916-17) The swords are magnetic (Eisen)... I had to outbid quite a lot of competitors during the Ebay's auction...

Ciao,

Claudio
                        Attached Files

Comment

reverse

Here's the back...
                          Attached Files

Comment

I was bidding on that bar too, but the price went too high. Congratulations!!! A REALLY RARE variant of that cross!

What did you pay?

Comment

In addition to the great bar from Claudio, here are my last MVKs. I've bought the 1. Class from Claudio.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X