1912 Hussars busby came in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I rarely comment on uniform items, but 2 comments here:
    1. I have been collecting for 35 years and I am still not at the point where I can or would make a statement like "officers' private purchase items were idiosyncratic" etc. etc.. There were strict regulations and these were followed to the letter in the pre 1914 army-especially for anybody below the rank of Major. In some cavalry regiments (notibly Hussars!) where 'tone" counted for more than capacity, officers were cashiered for having lace 5mm too wide and for not having polished boots on parade!
    I suspect that this may be a "heritage day busby" made up in the 1940s (or later) as on Regiment Days some members of the regiment took it upon themselves to wear historical uniforms from the past. These concocted uniforms were usually made up lwith ersatz materials like this. I suspect the skull was added later for added value by a dealer.
    Either that or it is a totally concocted fake, which given the value these things command, is rather leikely.

Comment

Well "Stickpin"....this is another one you do not believe is incorrect. But anyhow I recognise that background to the pictures (in this other entry you made: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=54101 )

and that will be a purchase from Jim Calhoun of Landser Militaria in Schweinfurt Germany right?

I hate to tell you this, but it is probably as the experts say then....the busby is a concoction and has been fiddled with....and you cannot possibly expect your money back frm him either! Did you get the Fahnenträhger shield from him also?
      Wade K.

Comment

panzer if you really read what is above, you will see that after sometime of looking over and reading what is said i do beleave it is wrong.

and yes i did get this hat from said person and he is working with me for the return. it wasen't a problem after i expressed what was said here and he diden't have a problem with the return.

on the flagbearers and cloth flak, no i did not get from him. as stated before if you go back on posts will tell you where i got items, and are from vet's family who i have befriended and are the real deal. i have sold the flagbearers already to a collector who knows it's real, so end of discusion on that. or is it?
        but i will post what i get from him before hand so i can get the OK from the people here. (just in case)

greg

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory Koepp
          i did get this hat from said person and he is working with me for the return. it wasen't a problem after i expressed what was said here and he diden't have a problem with the return.
          So he no longer wants "a written examination/expertise on someone that has accreditation in that regard (Imperial German unifoms) or, is an accredited Militaria/Antiquities expert, who's appraisals are accepted by either US or German court systems"?

Comment

he did start to go that way??? then stopped, and is letting the return happen. he is offering something else, BUT WILL post what is offered here for review.
            i have talked to him on the phone and have talked things over.
            greg

Comment

Hopefully a happy conclusion to this thread

Dear Greg,

I am glad you were able to work something out with the seller. Maybe this conclusion should be the end to this thread. Onward and upward so to speak.

To your next purchase,

Sincerely,

Brad LeMay

Comment

If you want to see what Jim Calhoun (ex Landser Militaria, CavHero, DesertSnake and DaBinIch) is up to these days check out the links below:

If you want a good laugh, check out these videos and pics Calhoun posted on his My Space page. He is very pathetic, mainly talking about his ex-girlfriend who evidently finally told him to take a hike.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=41391285

Here is the other one made shortly after the first:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=41657048

Here is his pathetic profile:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=397149398

And 57 pages of pictures, very interesting notes he adds to the pics. Kind of contradicts a lot of what he says in the videos, but that is the narcissistic Jim that I knew.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ndID=397149398

Enjoy!

Comment

Er... not a single one of those links actually works..

Comment

Greg,

IMHO the busby is a compete put together and IMHO has been done so at some point to deceive, the busby is to tall, you can see the join where the "fur" is, the chin-scales are copy's and the other pieces have been added incorrectly (I cannot comment on the skull and bandeau as to whether they are copies without looking at them) we have all been had one time or another, I have!!!!!! here is mine, I keep it to remind me to buy more books and learn, good luck, Paul
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X