EK 1 1870 Wagner & S. today at Niemann update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK 1 1870 Wagner & S. today at Niemann update

This one was in todays Niemann update and sold for 4.800 Euro.

Did anyone from WAF get it? I know some of the members are looking for a Wagner & Söhne 1870 EK 1

So would that be an 1870 case?

Comment

Nice looking cross, but a ridiculous price IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by VtwinVince View Post
        ..., but a ridiculous price IMHO.
        Vince, why do you think so?

with approx. 1200 awards the 1870 EK 1 is more rare than a Blood Order 1st type and just a bit more common than an Oakleave to the Knights Cross of the Iron Cross, but the price is just half of those two mentioned awards.
        How many of these Wagner & Söhne 1870 EK 1 are known in this forum? Probably less than original PLM.

All in all I think the 4800 Euro was a decent price. This was a rare opportunity for a real Iron Cross collector.

Comment

These things are rare and hard to price. I agree, they are a better deal than the RKs you see going for twice that. You can have one of those a few times a week if you have the money. Real 1870 EK1s are never seen. One of these days I'll have one I hope.

Comment

Nice looking collection you've got there, Frank.
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
              Nice looking collection you've got there, Frank.
              Thanks!

I collected only Iron Crosses for many years. The ones shown were all bought 15 to 20 years ago . The shown Knights Cross I did not buy, I got that one directly from the Knights Cross winner.

Comment

Hi Frank,

Can you show a pic of the reverse of the 1914 EK1?

Regards
                Mike
                Regards
                Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Kenny View Post
                  Hi Frank,

Can you show a pic of the reverse of the 1914 EK1?

Regards
                  Mike
                  Hi Mike,

not off hand. I have to "dig" the EK 1 out and then take some photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Campbell View Post
                    So would that be an 1870 case?
                    I don't think so.

Comment

It's also worthwhile to note that the example sold today by Detlev Niemann is not one from the original award-series. These had the thin needle-pin. The pin as shown on this example is a known type of replacement-cross pin. How long after the war were these made? No one knows, I don't think.
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Comment

Originally posted by gregM View Post
                        I don't think so.
                        I don´t think so, too. Never I have seen such a case, before. Greetings Mike

Comment

It's also worthwhile to note that the example sold today by Detlev Niemann is not one from the original award-series. These had the thin needle-pin. The pin as shown on this example is a known type of replacement-cross pin. How long after the war were these made? No one knows, I don't think.
                          How long after the war were these made? No one knows,
                          I know ,,
                          fore 100% at least until 1902,,,,http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=290525

also the rest off all the decorations off the 1870 era
                          Attached Files

Comment

No later than 1886, that when was change from LOTH type of markings to 800's-900's.

Comment

Originally posted by Alikn View Post
                              No later than 1886, that when was change from LOTH type of markings to 800's-900's.
                              Thanks Alikn, you're right.

Kay, you misunderstood me. What I meant was, how long after the war was this specific pin type manufactured?
                              Best regards,
                              Streptile

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X