• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's a Frankenstein as the 4th pic makes obvious
    Attached Files
    Regards
    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

last, poor 835 stamp
      Attached Files
      Regards
      Mike

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Thanks Mike.
        The fakers are certainly getting more creative.

Comment

In case it's been missed, the KMST Frankenstein is at 304 Euro with 5h to go: 291144477064
          Regards
          Mike

Comment

Amazing, 849 Euro closing price
            Regards
            Mike

Comment

Slimcase and other permutations of the Club.

An interesting but ultimately bad fake, I don't want to give the arse hole any more clues but take a good look. He has other new ebay accounts selling similar crap again.
              Ebay item number - 351077739873
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby lee View Post
                Here are a couple of 'goodies' I have kept over 15 years as examples of 'quality' badges. The wound badge had a pin like the sub badge. We live and hopefully we learn.
                Both these badges (shown in post #62 & #62) are now identified as post war Assmann/St u L made Imperial veteran replacement awards, NOT out & out repros, as I.D.'d mistakenly back in 2004 , now highly collectable ! Hope you kept them Bobby
                Prost ! Steve.

Comment

Feel free to start a discussion thread in the appropriate forum.
                  pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don D. View Post
                    Feel free to start a discussion thread in the appropriate forum.
                    Already have Don, here http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=752127
                    these and other Inperial post war replacements are discussed with regards their appearance and more importantly the rear hardware.............
                    Prost ! Steve.

Comment

Hi Steve,

Both these badges (shown in post #62 & #62) are now identified as post war Assmann/St u L made Imperial veteran replacement awards, NOT out & out repros, as I.D.'d mistakenly back in 2004 , now highly collectable !
                      Does that change anything? They are definitely not originals, and we call such not original pieces copies or fakes, see at the top "IMPERIAL FAKES".

What is the difference, the quality? We all know, that there are on the market nice not original pieces and ugly not original pieces. But that does not change the birth. Nice or ugly, they are not originals.

And "Imperial veteran replacement awards" are definitely not original pieces.

I accept, that we can call them reproduction pieces (repros), that sounds more friendly than copies or fakes; in German these are "Kopien".

And repros are "now highly collectable"? For whom? Could it be, only for 57er collectors? I have my problem, to understand all that.

Exactly !
                      I have seen it happen not only here but on many forums......ignorance, until we came along
                      see post 262 here http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=38109
                      That is your characterization for the collectors here in this section, see Post 9 here http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=758368

By the way, the "1918 Airgunners badge" as "Imperial post war replacement" in your linked thread is a nice repro.

Uwe

Comment

Uwe, I see it this way, nicely put by another collector on another forum...................
                        "New pieces (official or sanctioned) are not fake or reproduction. They are legitimate pieces that have been produced at a different time, thus a 1914 Iron Cross produced in 1939 is just as official as that from the time. So an Iron Cross 1914 produced in 1960 is just from another period"........... I feel this to be true of any countries medals/awards re struck (officially or sanctioned) for either veterans or collectors.... on this and future occasion's I must agree to disagree.
                        Prost ! Steve.
                        Last edited by Steve 5; 11-11-2014, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Hi Steve,

(official or sanctioned)
                          Where can I find a primary official source, that it was "official or sanctioned", to produce an EK 1914 in 1960?

Definitely not in the German law from 1957.
                          It was and is not the purpose of the law, to produce copies/repros (or whatever you want to call these not original pieces).

Uwe

Comment

DeschlerSohn Fake EK1

Old thread: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...rSohn+fake+ek1

I see they are still making their rounds on the favorite selling avenues:
                            Attached Files

Comment

1870 stickpin

Thought I would add this to the thread.. I bought an 1870 stick pin but upon inspection it's on a third reich pin (soldered into the disc and not too of ek on other examples I've seen) and the details look a bit off

Comment

Could you post pics of this stick pin?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X