Something to laugh ... at Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.ebay.de/itm/EK-1-entnazif...sAAOSwNRdX4k9K

WW2 Leutnant collar tabs, a de-nazified EK 1 - and a portrait of the owner.

Quite interesting. Obviously the Leutnant was took over into the new Federal German Luftwaffe as a Gefreiter and after enjoying a fountain of youth ....

Comment

And who said the Third Reich did not develop time travel?

Steve

Comment

http://www.ebay.de/itm/391781265092?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

"... Two white Lieutenant bars on green background on lapels ..."

Comment

Beside the ****ty missdescription a nice jacket... seems to be a quitre old one and if the collar taps are in place for a long time an rare piece ...most sand coloured tunics are Luftwaffe...

Jens

Comment

I also think this is a pre 1963 model, which is rare for sure. The Kragenspiegel could be from the time period. Though it is true that most are seen with LW Kragenspiegel.

Steve

Comment

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Bundeswehrjac...4AAOSwlWBZeKI9

Comment

A wonderful "Eigenkreation" (own creation)

Uwe

Comment

WOW!!! A four stars general officer candidate, that's quite a career!

Let me add another gem. Not listed at ebay but seen during my summer holidays in Bavaria last week. I'm going to be a rich man very soon....

Last edited by Proud Kraut; 07-27-2017, 02:07 AM.

Comment

2 or 3 weeks ago I saw used Cut Pants as Camo-Shorts for 99Pounds ea. in the bay.

Comment

How is the saying? A fool and his money are divided easily....
                      Jens

Comment

A few years ago there was an obnoxious eBay seller with a BW Flecktarn jacket promoted as "experimental Dutch" with a big price (don't remember specifically). I informed him that it was German and common as Hell. He told me I was wrong because someone told him it was Dutch and that he was selling them like crazy at his price. Nuts.

If I were dictator of the world I would have an Idiot Tax. If idiots are willing to pay 15x the going rate for a BW Flecktarn Jacket, I they shouldn't have a problem paying a bit more to help improve our world's schools

Steve

Comment

There were some Dutch and Belgian units who used Flecktarn uniforms, but they had a different cut. I met some on an exercise in the mid 90´s.

So maybe the seller saw them on pics and thougt they were super rare...

Comment

The seller didn't know anything He was told that they were Dutch, and didn't care one bit when it was pointed out that they were not. He was happy to be dishonest and proud of it too. The worst sort of eBay seller.

As for the use of Flecktarn by others, the Belgian Airforce used current type BW Flecktarn (slightly different colors) as well as old BW TruVsu 76 B "Flecktarn Groß". The use of Flecktarn in Belgium was discontinued around 1997 officially, but it took several more years for it to be removed from service. A variety of uniforms and field equipment were made in Flecktarn.

The Dutch experimented with the same Flecktarn that the BW uses now. They produced jacket, trousers, and two cold weather parkas. I assume they also made some type of hat, but I've never seen one. These uniforms are exceptionally rare. I am fortunate to have a jacket and trousers.

And as you say, the cut of the Belgian and Dutch uniforms are 100% different than the BW cut. Only an idiot or dishonest seller would claim one is the same as another.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X