No announcement yet.

Something to laugh ... at Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"german.war.collectibles" on eBay has some real rare stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by Proud Kraut View Post
      This camo pattern seems to work on carpets very well (see 3rd picture).

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Bundesheer-Un...item4d27b9c309

I assume the final price will not be laughable at all. 8 bids and 3 more days to go.
      Proud Kraut,

Interesting lot for those of us interested in Austrian uniforms. Some the best markings I have seen on Austrian stuff and the gaiters are rare so, Like you, I expect the price will not be so laughable by the time the auction is over.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
        "WW2/WW1 Baden war hat" from self-proclaimed "trusted North American seller" - not sure how much to trust him, when cannot identify basic history or to distinguish 1970s Hessen Polizei from WW1 Baden. Only USD 599.99!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-RAR...item541461cd81

The description is also good. You can hold it and smell it!
        Klaus,

Interesting cap. I have one close to this one only it is for Feuerwehr. Seems to me I paid 15 euros for mine. New maker to me though so useful for that.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
          Klaus,

Interesting cap. I have one close to this one only it is for Feuerwehr. Seems to me I paid 15 euros for mine. New maker to me though so useful for that.

Regards,

Gordon
          The insignia is unusual. From what I know, I believe, that this is actually cap for Hessen Justiz.

Regards
          Klaus
          Last edited by Klaus1989; 11-21-2014, 12:25 PM.

Comment

There is an old saying in English:

A fool and his money are soon parted

When buying a collectible for more than a few Dollars/Euros, you need to know what you're buying. And a description on an eBay listing is not what I'm talking about. Which means anybody paying $600 for that hat is a fool, not a collector.

The Austrian collection is very nice. None of the items are difficult to acquire, but the overall condition of each piece is about as good a it gets. The gasmask bag is in particularly good shape. I've had a half dozen of them and only one was in the same condition. The others had damage and fading. I think the guy should get no less than EUR 100 for the lot. Much more than that is getting a little expensive.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
              There is an old saying in English:

A fool and his money are soon parted

When buying a collectible for more than a few Dollars/Euros, you need to know what you're buying. And a description on an eBay listing is not what I'm talking about. Which means anybody paying $600 for that hat is a fool, not a collector.

The Austrian collection is very nice. None of the items are difficult to acquire, but the overall condition of each piece is about as good a it gets. The gasmask bag is in particularly good shape. I've had a half dozen of them and only one was in the same condition. The others had damage and fading. I think the guy should get no less than EUR 100 for the lot. Much more than that is getting a little expensive.

Steve
              63.70 Euro.

A reasonable 'buy' at the price.

N

Comment

Take a standard Oberfeldwebel Pionier Dienstanzug Uniformjacke, add a Spießschnur (on the wrong side), sew on an Einzelkämpferabzeichen (usually worn on the right breast pocket) and finally add a little tank pin on it's shoulder sleeve insignia and you get this wonderfull gem... Everything fits together perfectly:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Bundeswehr-Un...item462d31a9f9

Comment

Originally posted by Nachrichten View Post
                  63.70 Euro.

A reasonable 'buy' at the price.

N
                  Yes, quite a nice deal. I've sold the gasmask bag for EUR 30 here in the US without problems. The other items are easily more than that, so a good deal.

Steve

Comment

Gentlemen,

Here is another little gem for you to chuckle over from ebay.com. And your for only $115.00! This guy has been very creative!

West-German-Military-2-Star-General-Hat-Bamberger-Mutzen-Size-61-Very-Rare
                    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Sad picture ... looks as if this is a dark grey visor for the musikian troops only missing the cockade. But therefor with two bloody holes made for that silly stars!

I needed years to get one ... one of the hardest to get piped hats from the sixties, only one I noticed at ebay during the last years. It sold for 150,- €!

Jens

Comment

Offer him EUR 10 and deal with the holes if you get it

The configuration is similar to Spanish military, but of course nothing to do with Bundeswehr.

Steve

Comment

"Reliable Ltd." proudly offers:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Serios-Origin...item418ad7f066

Herr Oberstarzt was a member of Heeresführungskommando AND Panzeraufklärungsbataillon 5 simultaneously.
                            He's a proud wearer of two Taetigkeitsabzeichen, including "Rohrwaffenpersonal" ("guns" - every doctor should do so!)
                            I especially like his "pin-awards" including a 11th ACR pin, a Navy (club?) pin and these fancy German/American friendship flags. All in all a real gem!

Comment

Here's another fun one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/West-German-...:SS:SS:US:1120

The "decals are brand new". Now why is that, I wonder? OK, I don't wonder at all

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Wonderful imagination used here. I like the term "unissued".

Regards,

Gprdpn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X