No announcement yet.

BGS BundesGrenzSchutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all just picked up some Grenzjäger shoulder boards for the display!!!

Comment

Tunic Oberjäger as Unterführer candidate - late 50's

Hello gentlemen,

wanted to share with you my latest purchase.
      It's a late 50's tunic for an Oberjäger with the additional distinction for an Unterführer candidate (Oberjäger mit Unterführeranwärten-Lehrgang).
      The tunic is made of heavy woolen material and already has the collar tabs; the arm patch is woven.

Observing the thread and the wear, the shoulderboards look original to the jacket....too bad that these had been sewn in the wrong way
      The one on the left side should go on the right side and viceversa.....

According to the stamp inside the right lower pocket I think the manufacturing year was 1959....am I right?

I made a display with steelhelmet, belt, ammopouches and Breadbag inspired by the period picture I attached below.
      Please note that the Shirt and the tie are not original to it.

I hope you like it,

Alex

Comment

special achievement for me, that took almost 5 years to find all the parts - complete set of 50s fieldgear for Meister and officer ranks. The brown holster, especially for the much rarer Pistole SIG (P210), must be one of the "holy grails" of BGS fieldgear!

Regards
        Klaus

Comment

Originally posted by austromunga View Post
          Hi all just picked up some Grenzjäger shoulder boards for the display!!!

To me the look more like Hunting or Shooting Clubs.
          I miss the small "Arrows" in the outer cord.
          Here you can see them from the Maritime Section with the original writing on the Packet.
          http://www.ebay.de/itm/172527997620?...84.m1555.l2649

Comment

Brown Holster

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
            special achievement for me, that took almost 5 years to find all the parts - complete set of 50s fieldgear for Meister and officer ranks. The brown holster, especially for the much rarer Pistole SIG (P210), must be one of the "holy grails" of BGS fieldgear!

Regards
            Klaus
            Hi Klaus,

do you know if there´s a brown ASTRA-Holster? Didn´t see one yet, only the SIG and the P38 ones.

Best regards

Reiner
            Last edited by ReinerMB42; 02-15-2017, 04:46 AM. Reason: wrong writing

Comment

Originally posted by uscob View Post
              To me the look more like Hunting or Shooting Clubs.
              I miss the small "Arrows" in the outer cord.
              Here you can see them from the Maritime Section with the original writing on the Packet.
              http://www.ebay.de/itm/172527997620?...84.m1555.l2649
              Rank of Grenzjäger in the 50s-60s not have white arrows around the edge, which were first on boards of Grenztruppjäger (until late 60s, when they eliminated the completely green boards). But these look a little odd to me, could be the lighting.

Comment

Originally posted by ReinerMB42 View Post
                Hi Klaus,

do you know if there´s a brown ASTRA-Holster? Didn´t see one yet, only the SIG and the P38 ones.

Best regards

Reiner
                I thought to have seen one in a German collection once, but I can not find the photos anymore. It is logical, that they existed. The brown SIG holster is very rare too though - mine is only third one I have seen and first one I found for sale.

Regards
                Klaus

Comment

Congratulations Klaus! I know how hard you worked for that set. It must be nice to have something crossed off your Bucket List

Steve

Comment

SIG-Holster

Yeah, the SIG´s are very rare. In my whole time of BGS-collecting (12 years now) I only got 2 brown ones and one in black. But a brown ASTRA-Holster I yet have to see. Last week I saw a brown SIG with "PPBLn" stamp. Sadly not for sale...

Best regards from Bonn

Reiner
                    Last edited by ReinerMB42; 02-16-2017, 03:54 AM. Reason: wrong writing

Comment

Steve,
                      and I have a Meister tunic to display with (someday when I have room)! Still look for 50s officer uniform, but never had success to find one. Missed 2 auctions for the short jacket and have never seen the officer rank 4-pocket tunics earlier than mid-late 60s for sale. But if I wait long enough, I can find anything is my experience

Originally posted by ReinerMB42 View Post
                      Yeah, the SIG´s are very rare. In my whole time of BGS-collecting (12 years now) I only got 2 brown ones and one in black. But a brown ASTRA-Holster I yet have to see. Last week I saw a brown SIG with "PPBLn" stamp. Sadly not for sale...

Best regards from Bonn

Reiner
                      The brown PPBln holster is strange. Berlin and other Landespolizei officers wore black gear.

Regards
                      Klaus

Comment

PPBLn Holster

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
                        Steve,
                        and I have a Meister tunic to display with (someday when I have room)! Still look for 50s officer uniform, but never had success to find one. Missed 2 auctions for the short jacket and have never seen the officer rank 4-pocket tunics earlier than mid-late 60s for sale. But if I wait long enough, I can find anything is my experience

The brown PPBln holster is strange. Berlin and other Landespolizei officers wore black gear.

Regards
                        Klaus
                        Yep, it has only the Berlin-stamp, not the BMdI-Acceptance Eagle like mine. It has the flap over the mag-pouch, too. It was sold on egun (way too expensive for me).

Best regards
                        Reiner

Comment

R,
                          Did you keep a picture of this brown holster? Probably not or you would have posted it. Perhaps it would be in the egun archives?

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Berlin Holster

Hello Gordon,

yes, I have 2 Pics of the Holster, where you can identify the "PP Berlin" stamp.
                            I was wrong in that there is no flap over the magpouch, but otherwise it´s definately a brown SIG-Holster with Polizei Berlin owner stamp. I can´t post Pics here, but I will send them to you, if you´ll give me your Mail adress.

Best regards

Reiner

Comment

Berlin Holster

Gentlemen,

just now there is a brown SIG-Holster with PP-Berlin stamp on german ebay; Auction-No. is 162404017288 "Pistolenholster PP Berlin G.B."

Best regards

Reiner

Comment

Gentlemen,

Reiner sent me these photos of the brown holster with the PPBln markings.

Regards,

Gordon
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Gordon Craig; 02-22-2017, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 73 users online. 0 members and 73 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X