Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gasmask

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
    nice one! Every BGS can, that I have seen made by Auer. Here are mine. One is painted strange shade of green (brighter in real life), not sure, if 60s BGS repaint or someone else do it much later. Original paint and BMdI stamp still inside. The one with Bw straps (one with BGS reinforcement) came that way, I suspect are period replacements. Gasmask is also BGS marked. They used both rubberised and rubber masks, but rubber version is more common.

Interestingly, all carry different numbering. The green one have unit designation visible under paint 1./GSAB M (=GS-Bautabteilung Mitte).

Regards
    Klaus
    Hi Klaus,
    how are the Masks stamped? Are they from the 50ies or leftover Wehrmacht ones? I´m looking for an early BGS-Mask, but how to recognise them? I have a 1938 dated Can + Mask painted over in schwarzgrün and numbered by hand as the BGS-cans; so maybe they used old ones in the early years? Earliest Post-war ones I´ve seen are from 1954. Best regards Reiner

Comment

Helmet of the "GSG 9"

Hi, mates !

Want to show you an helmet of the "Grenzschutzgruppe 9"

Best rregards,
      R.
      Attached Files

Comment

2.):
        Attached Files

Comment

3.):
          Attached Files

Comment

4.):
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello guys,

wanted to share with you my impression of a BGS Wachtmeister. This is what I was able to complete so far for an early 1970s BGS man.

I hope you like it

Cheers,

Alex

Comment

Nice Display

Thank you for sharing your BGS Wachtmeister display. I am closing in on a similar display and hope it looks as good as yours. What pattern are the trousers that your mannequin is wearing? I'm looking for a pair such as yours.
                Robbie

Comment

Hi Robbie,

the pants are the same pattern as those posted by michelwijnand in post #804

Alex

Comment

Very nice display! BEAUTIFUL jacket.

There are three types of trousers in this style:

1. Heavy wool
                    2. Light wool
                    3. Cotton

The color and style are for the most part identical, so if the pictures aren't close up it can be difficult to see the type. A few years ago I thought I was bidding on a cotton type and instead it turned out to be the light wool type. I didn't even know it existed, so I was more than happy with the "mistake"

Last year I saw a number of the heavy wool types on German eBay after many years of seeing none. They were made from mid 1960s through mid 1970s.

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,

thank you for your comment

The pants I own are certainly the type made of heavy woolen fabric.
                      I knew about those made in cotton but the ones you mentioned (light wool) were completely unknown to me....until now

Alex

Comment

Nice display!

Here is mine for Grenzjäger, ca. 1959 for comparison with the earlier kit. Still need the Sumpftarn trousers and early dated pair of Knobelbecher (and a proper display mannequin, this torso is terrible!). Almost all pieces 1950s dated, took several years to assemble everything.

Regards
                        Klaus

Comment

Nice display, Klaus! I know how difficult it is to get all this stuff together, especially if one is concerned about the dates instead of just focusing on the style.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
                            Nice display, Klaus! I know how difficult it is to get all this stuff together, especially if one is concerned about the dates instead of just focusing on the style.

Steve
                            thanks! The jacket should look familiar to you

Regards
                            Klaus

Comment

Hi Klaus,

that looks soooooo cool!!!!

thank you for showing and nice idea to make a comparison with the older Uniform style and the older gear

As for older BGS stuff, by now I only have a Jacket stamped "Vulkan 1959" and ammo pouches of 1958.....
                              ......as Steve already said: hard to find old stuff ....

Cheers,

Alex

Comment

yes, I think the early breadbags are hardest piece to find. After that BGS coconut canteens and straight shovels. Fortunately I have a couple of each, but it took me years to find them. As I mentioned, not have success with early boots yet...

Regards
                                Klaus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 66 users online. 0 members and 66 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X