No announcement yet.

BGS BundesGrenzSchutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picture of the makers lable in the dark green tunic.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice tunics Gordon! Where do you find all those Präsident/General ranks?

Glad to know about the uniform now. The old green uniforms may not be the best but look better and more practical than ugly new blue ones!

GERMAN BUNDESGRENZSCHUTZ PATCH - EBAY
      Saw one of those patches for sale as "reproduction" on ebay.com month or so ago. I would not let one of these things anywhere near my BGS tunics...

regards
      Klaus

Comment

Gordon

Your 100% correct, dating is especially difficult because there is a transisition period that is not generally reflected.

So for a period, it was not uncommon to see officers wearing the older uniforms as well as the new ones. This occured throughout Germany.

The moosgrün uniform is the one depicted for Lothar Pusch. This would have been officially instituated in 1976 and worn until 2005.

Andrew

Comment

Gents - Thanks for undertaking the arduous task of bracketing the wear out dates of the various BGS uniforms. It would appear as though this is groundbreaking work.

The other day I received this photo in the mail. It appears to show a BGS man wearing a side cap. This is the first time I've encountered this.

The cap appears unadorned save for a Federal Roundel. The Federal Eagle is present on the tunic, but there are no collar litzen. He also appears to be wearing low quarter boots, the lugged heal on one of them is just barely visible. I don't think I've seen these before either, usually I see dress shoes or marching boots.

Do you think he swapped hats with an Army buddy or should I be on the lookout for forest green side caps?

Thanks - TJ

(still on the hunt for the small BGS arc for the camo jacket pocket...)
          Attached Files

Comment

Gents - While we're on the subject of old style officer's uniforms, I thought I'd throw this into the mix.

Any thoughts as to what kind of the badge the gentleman to the rear is wearing.....BDR sports badge?

TJ
            Attached Files

Comment

Maybe Huntzmann knows this one, but we still have not figured out when arch was added. I would think around 1974 because when first green uniforms appeared, as the older uniforms were "updated" until they new ones could be issued.

TJ:
              BGS apparently did use Schiffchen sometime in 1960s and '70s, as the appear on ebay.de from time to time in BGS green. The earlier types are similar to that odd Bundesmarine cap that someone posted awhile back with ear flaps and later ones are moleskin.

http://stephan.de/php/de_frameonline...a82136c7da0704

regards
              Klaus
              Last edited by Klaus1989; 07-03-2008, 12:56 PM.

Comment

TJ,

Very interesting pictures. Espectially the second one. No idea what the badge would be on the pocket of the chap in the helmet.

Klaus,

I was the one that posted the BGS side cap. Too bad TJs picture is not clearer as my cap came without insignia and there are no marks on it to indicate what may have been there once upon a time.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
                  Maybe Huntzmann knows this one, but we still have not figured out when arch was added.
                  Klaus

Actually it was 1st used in 1970 when Genscher was minister of the interior. He decided to add the tab. The tab was initial referred to as the “Genscher-Bogen

TJ

My thought is that the badge is more than likely the sports badge. I tried to play with the contrast to give a 100% opinion, but it's too grainy to be conclusive.

As for the side cap, they have been used for quite some time. Not sure if they have materialized in blue for the current Bundespolizei uniform, but I have seen them (green) worn by BGS helicopter crews.

Andrew

Comment

Huntzmann:
                    Thanks for solving all our questions about BGS uniform regulations. You have been major help!

regards
                    Klaus

Comment

Klaus

My pleasure to help out. After almost 25 years of collecting German Police insignia, I am still learning.

I am not aware of any books / documentation that has ever done a complete examination of all German insignia, so trying to record it on my own is something I have tried to be dilligent about.

Sadly, like with TR pieces, most of those who served early on in the police agencies are not around to ask or their memories are not as clear.

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
                        Huntzmann:
                        Thanks for solving all our questions about BGS uniform regulations. You have been major help!

regards
                        Klaus
                        What he said!

Thanks Andrew!

Comment

Originally posted by Guardian 5 View Post
                          Gents - While we're on the subject of old style officer's uniforms, I thought I'd throw this into the mix.

Any thoughts as to what kind of the badge the gentleman to the rear is wearing.....BDR sports badge?

TJ

Another sequence from the originally posted ceremony picture. Great look at the two clergymen; not too helpful for us BGS fans.....

TJ
                          Attached Files

Comment

Finally picked up my BGS Grenzjäger Mantel from the tailor. They did good job although shoulderboards obviously were difficult. Probably strangest request they ever had...

This Mantel was manufactured by C. Louis Weber in 1966 and arch would have been added in 1970. I showed this earlier when I first bought it but have since fixed everything. It is a very nice coat to say the least.

regards
                            Klaus

front view:

rear view:

Comment

Maker's label (year is hard to read in photo):

Comment

AWSOME!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 37 users online. 0 members and 37 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X