No announcement yet.

BGS BundesGrenzSchutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klaus - Nice looking mantel; I can't wait to see it badged up.

TJ

Comment

BGS Kit

Here are some odd pieces of BGS kit to include a weapons cleaning kit pictured at the very bottom of the photo.

TJ
      Attached Files

Comment

Photos of some of my BGS gear:

I bought this messtin thinking it was BGS but now not so sure. It is painted olive green instead of dark green - more a BW colour. I have seen photos of BW using these messtins but thought they were issued the canteen/messkit combo. Anyways, it is marked "MM74".

A very overlooked piece of BGS gear: bakelite butterdish, c. late 1950s-early '60s. Maker's logo on inside of lid.

Klaus

Comment

Originally posted by Guardian 5 View Post
          I also came across this tan mess kit. Again, I'm not sure what agency would have used it.
          Here is my example of one of these mystery tan canteens. I too thought it was BGS at first but really is THW. Bottom of canteen is marked BUND THW PSL 62" and bottom of cup "ZB PSL 62". Cup nestles over under zipper cover. Markings match and as civil defence organisations, THW and ZB both received a lot of same equipment so I doubt mix-up.

regards,
          Klaus

Comment

Klaus,

Interesting that you have a THW marked canteen and ZB marked cup. Haven't seen these myself. Never really paid much attention to BGS field gear. Good to learn from these posts.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

I've got a very similar mess kit to the one that Klaus posted:

Not sure what it is, but it is marked similarly (MM80).

Comment

Gents - Attached find a picture of a former TR M1911 Kar 98k ammunition pouch re-worked in the post war era and issued to II. Grenzschutzabteilungen der Grenzschutzgruppe 1(2/GSG 1).

The pouch retains its TR RB number: RB Nr. 8/0570/0033.

I'm on the hunt for similar pouches manufactured in the fifties for issue to the BGS and marked accordingly.

All photos courtesy of Manion's.
                Attached Files

Comment

This view shows the addition of a new d-ring sometime in the early fifties.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Finally, this marking in the inside cover of the middle pouch shows that at some point it was issued to 2/GSG 1.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Kar 98k ammo pouch variations

Gents - Here's a picture of the BGS M1911 ammunition pouch next to an unidentifed model that I presume to be a BRD manufactured pouch for either the BEPO, Landespolizei or BGS.

TJ
                      Attached Files

Comment

TJ,

Interesting pouches. Nice to see the markings with an explanation of what they stand for.

Cheers,

Gordon

Comment

BGS Field Gear

gents - Attached find a picture of a BGS / Landespolizei / BEPO ammo pouch for 15 round M-1 carbine magazines and the mystery kar98k ammo pouch.

TJ
                          Attached Files

Comment

BGS Field Gear

Here is an interior shot of the carbine ammo pouch. It has what I believe are two names inscribed in it along with a service number (?).

"Gutberlet"

"1537723"

"Maase"
                            Attached Files

Comment

BGS Field Gear

Here is a set-up for an SMG armed BGS jaeger with a 26.5mm signal pistol.
                              Attached Files

Comment

BGS Field Gear

A close-up of the pistol, holster and ammo pouch.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 34 users online. 0 members and 34 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X