BGS BundesGrenzSchutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hugh,

I don't own a uniform for the BGS See but I can certainly send you pictures from my files. Perhaps someday I'll be lucky enough to fill this hole in my collection? The first one is a BGS See winter visor hat. Second is of the uniforms set up at a dealers shop in Germany. The first mannequin in the row wears the BGS See uniform with the white summer visor hat.

Regards,

Gordon
    Attached Files

Comment

fgyhh

wasn't that a museum instead of a dealer?

Cheers,
      Michel

Comment

Michael,

No it was not strictly a museum but a museum at a dealers location. Unfortuantely, the link to this no longer exists.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Hello Gordon,

The picture is from the Uniformenmuseum of Artur Czaja, the homepage is
          www.uniformenmuseum.de

He built up this museum before but had to move it to another location. Its about 50 km north of Frankfurt and if anyone of you guys has a chance to visit this part of the world - go and see it! I was there this summer with two friends from England and they are still thrilled.

Merry x-mas

Harry

Comment

Harry,

Thanks for the update.

Michel,

My mistake. I remember this site as a dealer with a museum. Obviously it is a museum with a store. These posts proved very usefull to me to get the new web address of the museum. Another place to add to my list of things to do in Germany this year. I'm going to have to start writing things down or I might forget a few!

Regards,

Gordon
            Last edited by Gordon Craig; 12-18-2010, 01:45 PM. Reason: correct typos

Comment

Haha, and now that I know where the mysterious museum is that I once read about on the forum, I will have to go there too

Cheers,
              Michel

Comment

I've always loved the BGS Camo and I've had a few piece's over the years and follow this thread too. I picked up this Winter Parka recently in brand new condition which I'm guessing is 1975 dated going by the label? Along with that I picked up the Cap again unissued condition.

Comment

BGS Knobelbecher, jackboots

Hello,
                  I just picked up a pair of BGS boots that I thought I'd share..... I am wondering if anyone knows what the numbers mean inside the boots, dates, etc. There is one thing interesting about this pair and that is that there is a number series that is printed in very light ink on the suede side, interior black leather that says "BGS XXXXX". The "XXXX" are a series of numbers that I can't completely make out. The boots are in great shape and if it wasn't for the trooper's name written in the top, you would hardly be able to tell that they had been worn! Size 43 euro.

Here's a photo that shows the light "BGS" printing on the suede, the perforated numbers on the top and a few inked numbers.......

Here are a few shots of the boots:

Comment

Marksharky,

I don't see any photos. The numbers can be decyphered once we can see them.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Whoa.... Satcong101, can you please take a couple of pictures of the pen pocket flap? I've never seen anything like that before, even for a 1975 production example.

The hat is almost definitely commercial. These things are out there in massive quantities since the 1980s and are still being made by STURM. Real hats are extremely rare and have buttons and cockades on the front (or used to if they were removed).

The photo album for Marksharky's boots can be seen here:

http://sports.webshots.com/album/579877240XoSfTo

Unfortunately, I've never been able to pin those numbers to dates. Hopefully someone else can. Having said that, my guess is they are 1970s issue. I think BGS moved away from jackboots after the 1976 transition, but I'm not positive of that.

Steve

Comment

BGS Flight Wings Patch

I picked up a few new BGS patches the other day, including this set of BGS cloth flight wings.......... I've seen a couple of photos of flight suits with BEVO styled wings sewn on, but not any with these felt backings. Can anyone give me more info on these?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Here is a little more information on the BGS flight wings that I posted just prior to this....... I received an email from a BGS veteran over in Germany who is also a BGS collector. Here is the information he emailed to me regarding the flight wings:

"Your wings are wings for NCO´s worn on something like class A uniform jackets, on my website you can see a flight crew jacket, on this jacket you can see the officers wings and the rank insignia of a Polizeimeister ( my rank, like a sergeant). The NCOs with flight crew wings were on board mechanics and co pilots, to be a pilot in borderpolice they had to be officers from Kommissar ( 2nd Lt). The Bundesgrenzschutz used four different wings one version for flight suits (you can see on my flight suit on my website) your version for NCOs, the version my flight crew jacket for officers and a version like this one on my flight crew jacket but golden. After the changed the name in Bundespolizei and they changed the uniforms in blue all the flight crew wings are golden / yellow on blue."

Cheers!
                          Mark

Comment

Mark,

Thanks for the update on your wings. I'd appreciate it if you would post the URL of the BGS collectors web site. There is so little accurate info on the BGS that we can use all of the refernce sites we can get.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Mark,

Never mind the URL. I found it on your other post.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

I've come upon that website before. It's unfortunate that all the images are on one page. It takes a long time for it to load for me.

Too bad this collector doesn't participate here. He has a very nice collection. I think I tried contacting him years ago but nothing came of it.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 35 users online. 0 members and 35 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X