MilitariaPlaza

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Bundeswehr lover in all of us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

content 3. the're also aother things, like spare parts bag (blue on previous pic) tools, bags.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice Scale of Issue Genosse, most impressive!.

Comment

Bundeswehr splittertan zeltbahn

Originally posted by Guardian 5 View Post
        Werner - As far as I know, the BW used the "amoebatarn" zelt in the early years with the Bundesgrenzschutz using the splittertarnmüster zelt. The picture below shows a Wehrmacht zelt resting on top of the BGS model.

You can see that BGS model is lighter, was reversible to white and much larger than the WH model. The picture is from Wehrmacht Camouflage Uniforms and Post-War Derivatives by Daniel Peterson. Sorry, I don't have any official sources available.

Take care - TJ
        Thanks for your reaction.
        I know Dan Peterson, I participated in his books on camo.

Maybe anyone has seen more info about this zeltbahn in the magazine "Unsere Bundeswehr" ??? There must be some pictures / information around ???

Werner
        Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

Originally posted by yossarianlives View Post
          nico - yes, i'd be interested in gas mask bag with zipper, BGS feldflasche, large kampftasche, leather klappspaten cover, tri-fold klappspaten + plastic case (original BW, not copy), 80cm belt/'huftgurt' for use with flecktarn web gear, koppeltragegestell, taschenlampe (old + new models, boxed) - all new/unissued
          nico - please let me know re. this lot - you can include gas mask canister clip with any items i buy

Comment

nico - any word on the above items? shall i email with my address for the gas mask canister clip? thankyou

Comment

Hey guys,

I thought I would share a photo of a tunic I got almost 20 years ago to a Bandsman at an antique shop in California .....

-Ski
              Attached Files

Comment

x
                Last edited by CSP; 06-03-2009, 12:36 PM.
                CSP

sigpic

Comment

Last edited by CSP; 06-03-2009, 12:36 PM.
                  CSP

sigpic

Comment

Last edited by CSP; 06-03-2009, 12:37 PM.
                    CSP

sigpic

Comment

x
                      Last edited by CSP; 06-03-2009, 12:39 PM.
                      CSP

sigpic

Comment

x
                        Last edited by CSP; 06-03-2009, 12:39 PM.
                        CSP

sigpic

Comment

Scott,

This style of uniform was introduced in the BW in 1962. Turn the inside left hand breast pocket inside out and you may find a tag in there that will date the uniform for you. KKB is the abreviation of the official military shop for all officers and some NCOs. Although the address of the KKB was in Koblenz this has nothing to do with the location of the duty station of the officer. KKB is not a tailor but the firm contracted to produce officers uniforms. It stands for Kleiderklasse der Bundeswehr. It changed sometime in the 60s to KKBw. The exact date is not known. The BW did not use grey underlay to indicate reserve officers. BW Reserve officers wore a twisted cord of the national colours at the shoulder end of the shoulder boards. The red indicates artillery and the rank is Lt. Col. With the red stripe on the pants this would be an Ausgehanzug uniform. From what I can see of the shoulder badge he served in a headquarters unit rather than a specific division when he wore this uniform. We could probably identify the headquarters area if you could post a picture of the arm badge. All of the colours on the badge are important. An interesting uniform and nice to have both a uniform from the same person in WWII and the BW. I have both but not to the same person.
                          With what I have said above, this uniform probably dates from the early 60s. Quite possibly Kegel joined the BW early on and was issued this uniform when they came into wear. He may also have been in the Bundesgrenschutz (BGS) prior to joining the BW. About 60% of the BGS elected to join the BW when it first came into being. As trained soldiers the BGS was the backbome of the new BW.
                          I have researched Wehrmacht officers who served in the BW and have not always been able to trace them without information from the individual or from the family. Good luck with your search. If we can help more just ask.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

x
                            Last edited by CSP; 06-03-2009, 12:40 PM.
                            CSP

sigpic

Comment

Scott,

Perhaps a picture of the markings in the pocket would be useful as well.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

x
                                Last edited by CSP; 06-03-2009, 12:40 PM.
                                CSP

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 95 users online. 0 members and 95 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X