MedalsMilitary

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Bundeswehr lover in all of us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zeltbahn

Very interesting thread guys !

I am looking for more information about the bundeswehr zeltbahn in splittertarnmüster.
    Does anyone have a manual of these or a Heeresdienstvorschrift ???

Thanks for letting me know

werner
    Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

re. 60s/70s Y-straps, am i correct in thinking the top front straps which connect to the ammo pouches? what about the straps below - are they connected to a combat pack when worn as per NVA scale of issue? i thought perhaps they might connect to the D-rings at the top of either side of the bread bag when it is worn on the rear of the belt (i know these are also used to fit a strap when it is carried as a musette bag)?

naturally i have already referenced german WW2 equipment, as with DDR web gear, but the top- and bottom-front straps are reversed regarding which one pivots, and 60s/70s bread bag is a totally different item to the wartime brotbeutel...

please let me know as i've finally got the components together and i want to fit my rig together correctly

Comment

Originally posted by yossarianlives View Post
        please let me know as i've finally got the components together and i want to fit my rig together correctly
        To my knowledge the Y-Strap was officially used only in combination with the "Koppel" therefore it is named "Koppeltragegestell" ... to use it as rigging for a rucksack without the Koppel should be a non official/civil "missuse"... How the breadbag (Kampftasche, klein) was carried can be seen here http://www.multi-board.com/board/ind...1056&pageNo=10
        On this board you`ll find many other interesting threads on BW equipment...

Jens

Comment

thanx for info. i refer to wearing a rucksack attached to koppeltragegestell as part of the belt kit, as per NVA sturmgepack...

so are the two lower parts of the front strap just left hanging free when top straps are attached to the D-rings on top of the ammo pouches on either side (if this is correct re. top/bottom straps)? it seems they are wasted when then the could be providing greater support to the belt load, especially for the weight of the breadbag with feldflasche attached...

Comment

No, the two lower straps would not hang loose .. the two upper ones only should carry the weight of the ammo pouches while the two lower straps where directely connected to the "Koppel" (using two of alloy things called "Aufschiebeschlaufen") to carry the weight of the other equipment hanging on the Koppel...
            I try do do some pictures as I installed the complete set on a mannequin...

Regards,

Jens

Comment

that would be great, thankyou

i already have the "Aufschiebeschlaufen", i just need to know positioning for them - and its the strap beneath that they connect to whilst the straps on top (which connect to the main body of the koppeltragegestell by rings at the top) that connect to the ammo pouches, right?

the rear strap of the koppeltragegestell just connects to the equipment set by fitting only to the D-ring on the top of the brotbeutel (and the belt passes through the belt loops on the back of the latter) right?

Comment

I know these are most likely no big deal but since I'm now just getting into collecting Bundeswehr items I think so. These are still unisussed since they're sewn together. I know one set is Panzer and the other are Engineer and one Jager. Would the Blue ones be Medical? And what of the other Green ones?
                Joe
                Attached Files

Comment

These Police ones I always thought were TR ones but was just recentally informed they are Post War?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MaxxBrunn1938 View Post
                    I know these are most likely no big deal but since I'm now just getting into collecting Bundeswehr items I think so. These are still unisussed since they're sewn together. I know one set is Panzer and the other are Engineer and one Jager. Would the Blue ones be Medical? And what of the other Green ones?
                    Joe
                    MaxBrunn1938,

Mittleblau = Technische Truppe
                    Dunkleblau=Sanitstruppe
                    The lighter of the two green colours is probably for Panzergrenadier and the darker green for Jager or plain infantry. Or they could just be manufacturers variations in colour..

Yes, those are West German police boards. I have a similar pair but in slip on.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Joe
                      This link is useful.

http://www.pumakompanie.de/HTML_dat/...eien/37_10.pdf

Comment

Hi,

mittelblau = Technischen Truppen (Instandsetzungstruppe/Nachschubtruppe)
                        - both are mittelblau; maintenance or support

jägergrün = Infanterie (Jägertruppe/Panzergrenadiertruppe)
                        - manufacturers variations, there is only one green for this form of the shoulder boards

rosa = Panzertruppe (Panzertruppe/Panzerjägertruppe)
                        - it is difficult to say from a picture, there are different red colours

schwarz = Pioniertruppe; engineers

I never saw West German police boards with such coloured underlays?

Uwe

Comment

Thanks Gordon and Uwe on the color info, Marc I have that site already bookedmarked (thanks).
                          Yeah due to the orange underlay I assumed they were TR and not Post War, I've always had them displayed next to my sleeve eagle and cap badge till I found out .

Joe

Comment

These Police ones I always thought were TR ones but was just recentally informed they are Post War?
                            I would say that they're TR Police. (post 398)

Comment

To the Waffenfarben:
                              There is only one green. the Bundeswehr named it Jägergrün and the RAL chart what is the Standard for all colours in Germany say's Türkisgrün for the Codenumber 6016. If you order a pot of Paint, every Shop will sell the same paint. The Ral Numbers are important for Print Shops etc. who make Documents, Publications etc. to match the right colour.
                              Nico

Comment

Originally posted by uscob View Post
                                To the Waffenfarben:
                                There is only one green. the Bundeswehr named it Jägergrün and the RAL chart what is the Standard for all colours in Germany say's Türkisgrün for the Codenumber 6016. If you order a pot of Paint, every Shop will sell the same paint. The Ral Numbers are important for Print Shops etc. who make Documents, Publications etc. to match the right colour.
                                Nico
                                Nico there is a BIG differance in the Green on these boards one is Darker then the other, as for the Police boards here is a shot of the backs on these. As I mentioned 20 plus years ago I bought these as TR from a collector who was selling his collection off before the wife got it, but when I posted them on the Police Forum they were shot down as PW. I'm still open about them.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 105 users online. 0 members and 105 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X