Clear All

Ace

Its from an old link

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=58361

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Tainton
      ahh ... ok .. thanks Ed.

Comment

That's the Brits all over not issueing medals sorry the influence breached Canada....but when it comes to the ruddy Queen's Coronation medals every Tom, Dick and Harry gets those.

Hi Ed,

So let me see, the ACE it's a genuine issue medal with the V over the middle of the W. Is this perhaps a makers variant ? Or do you think it's one of the subsequent awards, post the initial strikes and first issue so to speak.

Good grief I'm getting confused at what I'm saying.

But aren't the fakes with V in the middle of the W ?

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Ace

I thought so too until a member showed his medal that he guarenteed was from a veteran. I'm going to try and go thru some old threads to see if I can find it. The ACE can be frustrating at times. You mean Tom, Dick and Ed. I received her last one but it could have been given to any member of our Legion Branch. I was not impressed as how they were given out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Tainton
            You mean Tom, Dick and Ed.

Comment

Ace

Marcus, I couldn't find any threads but I think it was "resaw". Do you remember him? He was from Calgary I believe. He had one with the V in the middle of the "W" and I think it was from a relative of his.

Comment

I think this is the thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ew+Europe+Star

My attitude to all this still stands. One must remember that all Stars were post-war issues; there was more than one die, they were not only struck in the UK, and there's absolutely no way on this Earth that I would pay two hundred bloody beer tokens for one - whether it was named, unnamed, or had oakleaves, swords and bloody diamonds. Save yer money and get yourself a nice Victorian medal instead.

Comment

Ace

Well done Tony. I knew it was out there. I still am very leary on purchasing single ACE's. I did bid on a group last year to a F/O W.H. Morrison RCAF (J27387) Typhoon pilot killed in France while Straffing. I had about 30 pages of info on him (letters from his Dad trying to find info on his son or his body, the body was buried in France. Very sad) Anyway I was outbid. Went for around $1500.00 I believe. 8 medals total including Mothers Cross.I think if I had got it I would have stopped looking for anymore. It was a heartbreaking story.He also had the Pacific Star. Included was his dog tag.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ed,

Thank you, a very interesting thread I remember now yes, the problem is you may be correct, I confess I thought different and I'm still sceptical to an extent but I'm willing to learn.

Keep up the research Ed, yes I remember now Ed you posting your medal....I put my foot in it there didn't I ...you no what I mean though

I've never understood this country an Officer will get a medal where an ordinary rank would get an MID in the field. The right to an award of the guy's that served in the Suez was denied for decades, but when that German old bag on the throne has been privillaged for so many years they commemorate it by a medal and the right to wear foreign issued medals to us that served in service of this country: denied..yet Prince Charles has more medals than an African dictator and has never served on an operational tour

I'm not a system or Royal fan I'll leave it there other wise Tony will get upset with me

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Ace

Marcus, We have a Governer-General who's been around for 4 years and has more medals than a WWII veteran, She never had any when she went into office but she sure likes to spend money representing the Queen. Some guys are still fighting for decorations from the Korean War but the Gov. says too many years have passed. BS ....the General staff got theirs, bugger the troops.

Comment

Too much time has passed !!! Yet an over paid soccer player gets an OBE, ex drug taking rock singers a Knighthood.....but these guy's as young innocent men expected to put their lives on the line and serving in the cause of their countries 'interest' get forgotten and swept aside

And I bet the high ranking individual's got theirs who never went 20 miles within the front if indeed in the theatre of operations.

It's immoral and unjust Ed

So it's similar in Canada as the UK then, I didn't expect that !

Kr

Marcus

Comment

You know what, thats one thing thats always struck me about America. Call them all you want but they dont forget what thier Veterans did for them.

P.s. I hope nobody took my first post the wrong way, I thought you asked for an oppinion and I just offered my humble little hapenny.

Comment

Ace

Dan & Marcus , We used say that the "Yanks" received a medal everytime they went to the latrine.(heads), but anyone that serves their country deserves some kind of recognition. Two of my buddies (immigrated to Canada) served in the Falklands with SAS and received the OBE. When the Beetles got theirs, boy they sure were teased. Short as it was ,the Falklands War was bloody, and any medals given out were earned. But I guess we are off the subject. Thanks for all the input. Just be careful when purchasing an ACE. If your happy with it fine and dandy.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X