Wwii Atlantic Star Flaw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wwii Atlantic Star Flaw?

I notice this flaw between the arrows on a Atlantic Star. Is it a repo ? OPINIONS please

Could be a manufacturing flaw, who can really tell? To be honest, I've had it with these things. Mass produced crap that's being faked? I've never really had a thing about these stars, and whilst there's the school of thought that 'knowledge dispels fear', I think too much consideration is being given to them - and it won't be long before the copies are identical to original issue items.

We're getting like the Iron Cross-heads and it's getting silly. Until very recently, no collectors would give any WWII Star a second glance - apart from the Air Crew Europe. Now this? I just wish they'd have used the money that they wasted on these unnamed trinkets, and named & issued clasps for the War Medal. Ho hum.
    Attached Files

Comment

I dont see anything on mine either!

Comment

Flawed Stars

Tony, I too am getting pizzed off with all the different flaws etc. I will never buy a star unless it is in a group verified. With all these varient one may as well purchase the repos and save the frustration. I have an ACE with this fault and have seen a picture of a Burma Star with the same fault. This is one of the reasons these three stars are higher in price. Is finding these faults raising the price ? Finding this fault on one of the Ace's that I've had for sometime (original) gives me food for thought and sways me to your way of thinking. There is no solution to this problem. If your happy with your item fine. Most repos are easy to spot but these small flaws could happen during the manufactering of the original star. Dies do not last forever. Thanks Tony for your opinion, perhaps we will hear from an expert (who gives the expert authority)

Comment

Flawed stars

I have seen an ACE,Atlantic and Burma with this flaw. Are the stars made by one strike of the dies, then struck again with the name of the star. If so I can understand the flaw.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X