1st pattern denison smock with unusual features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st pattern denison smock with unusual features

I would some views and information please regarding this 1st pat smock .I have just purchased the smock and its 100% genuine but it has some very interesting features which you dont find on your normal run of the mill denison , I think it was an officer purchase as a full lenght dot zip has been added and this is professionally done in the same stitching as the smock and I have seen full zips before which are no where near the professionism of this stitching so leading me to belive its period fitted.
    It has a Angels and berman label sewn in which this company were producing uniforms in ww2 , it has faded labels under each arm which i have never seen before .
    one of the most unusual is that the ape tail is made of windproof smock material and fitted with male brass neweys and the stitching is the same thread as the rest of the smock which may suggest that this is not a post war add on and was made this way as the stitching hasnt been tampered with and lastly the bottom edge of the smock has a professional sewn black band around which again seems to be period done and i havnt got a clue why this was done .
    one last point , it has pegasus wings and a maroon pach on each sleeve , I was meant to believe that these were only sewn onto battle dress uniforms , so any info would be appreciated and would they be sewn onto a smock for any reason
    thanks Andy

pictures

pictures
    Attached Files
    Last edited by andrew b; 02-27-2012, 01:36 PM.

Comment

ape tail features

ape tail features
      Attached Files

Comment

photos

more features
        Attached Files

Comment

pictures

ape tail , all the stitching looks like new and not altered , if the original one had been removed it would have left some stitching marks
          Attached Files

Comment

lots of these smocks were converted during the 1970 by soldiers in the TA and probably in the regular forces to just look at 1970 NI photos also Angels and Bermans were both film costume houses, thats were all the Bridge to far smocks came from. a first pat and even all other WW2 and post war smocks can be had with full zips some not very well put in some are a super job

Comment

pictures

perfect and original stitching on full length zip
              Attached Files

Comment

picture

info on isignia please
                Attached Files

Comment

pictures

faded label and mod mark plus Angel and Berman label sewn onto inner pocket
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by andrew b; 02-27-2012, 01:55 PM.

Comment

picture

faded labels under each arm pit
                    Attached Files

Comment

picture

perfect cuffs
                      Attached Files

Comment

the maroon DZ patch is for 1 para the pegasus patch looks fake and the Angels label is a post war costume label

Comment

Maybe it was used on the BTF film. Guess you need to check the DVD closely.

Comment

The tail is oddly shaped, and from a more finely woven material it seems plus it is made of two pieces. I'm having the impression it a repair from windproof "SAS" smock material?

Luc

Comment

hi all
                              1st of all this is a genuine 1st pattern smock circ 1942-43 screen printed in correct material and correct detail , not a post war movie prop from a B T F or a post war smock altered , I have been collecting denisons for many years and know a real one from a fake and what feature distingush the patterns , as for the questions , I was asking about the suttle differances

yes it is windproof smock material on the ape tail and there is no sign off alterations at all and the question i was looking for is does anybody know of smocks that have differant material used in manufacture

as for the Angels label , they have been around many years before ww2 and made uniforms during the war so the label is genuine whether it was added during war time or post war is another mattert ,but this does not make the smock post war i was hoping for any information if Angels did officer alterations

as for the zip , yes lots were added post war but there is lots of photograpic proof of officers having tailor made alteration ie full zips and tailor made smocks because it was not officer like to be pulling a smock over their heads , so this does not make it post war

as for the insgnia , i would like to know why or if they were actually sewn onto smocks and not just BD

come on guys this is a smock with differant period features which could have genuine answers compared to the normal mass produced smock but the post posted so far are dismissing the smock as fake which is totally wrong

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X