Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caution : this is a very "creative" seller, I've seen many items he is selling with added "provenance" or added "stamps".

70% of his items are "genuine"
    25% is "questionable"
    5% is pure "fake/fantasy"

Comment

H

And ... Half of it is missing ....

Comment

I bought a helmet from this seller many years ago, under a previous eBay ID. The helmet never arrived, I received no replies to e-mails and when I sent a complaint the user ID suddenly disappeared.

When I found out the same seller was using this new moniker I have refused to buy anything from him since, even though many of his items are obviously still genuine. Too many things are still dubious or dolled-up.

For me, it all comes down to a simple matter of trust which overrules the temptations of individual items. Not worth the risk, in my humble opinion.

Matthew

Comment

Originally posted by tubist73 View Post
          I bought a helmet from this seller many years ago, under a previous eBay ID. The helmet never arrived, I received no replies to e-mails and when I sent a complaint the user ID suddenly disappeared.

When I found out the same seller was using this new moniker I have refused to buy anything from him since, even though many of his items are obviously still genuine. Too many things are still dubious or dolled-up.

For me, it all comes down to a simple matter of trust which overrules the temptations of individual items. Not worth the risk, in my humble opinion.

Matthew
          Well said!
          Sellers like this person is "playing" with the urge of collectors to buy....., just KNOW what you want to buy before you place a bid. Then you know it's real or fake.

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WW2-37-PAT...item19d7695364

Comment

Unbelievable!

Comment

Ended at 1220 pounds

Comment

Chalk another one up for wishful thinking + bulging wallet.

Comment

Originally posted by shadwell1944 View Post
                    Chalk another one up for wishful thinking + bulging wallet.
                    And no feckin clue.

Comment

The disturbing thing is that 7 people bid on it, where are all these fools with money when I'm selling on ebay!?

Comment

REGO label

Does anyone else have any bad feelings about the label on this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2512286818...84.m1423.l2649

Comment

Looks a bit odd, but the size markings are correct for size 7 trousers, according to the label on my 40 pattern pair. I don't own anything by this maker, Regio clothiers so I can't compare, also an early set so there can't be many of them around of this date by this maker still with the label to compare against.

Comment

I don’t have a problem with the trousers, they are a good example dating from around 1940/41. From my experience and examples in my collection I have noticed.

1. Early pattern (1939/40) BD had 2 part brass buttons not dished brass.

2. Early labels are generally reinforced paper.

3. Labels are not sewn through the drill lining.

4. The printing look a little too crisp.

5. ROGO labels have been copied in the past.

Comment

Hi Nick,

My 42 dated 40 pattern trousers do have the label sewn through the lining and a pair of 41 dated M/cycle trousers seen in an antique shop recently have the same feature. Is the feature of not sewing through the liners only typicalof early examples?

Can you show some pics of the two part brass buttons as I have not seen them before?

I agree that early labels are usually of a paper type.

Regards,

Jerry

Comment

Button on a pair of early BD trousers.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X