Comment

In Rio de Janeiro:

Comment

WW1 Veteran ... Brazilian / Pole - 1918:

Card:

Comment

Armia Hallera - France - 1918!!

Comment

Pan Zigmund Orlowsky, Anders Veteran and 2 Korpuso (Monte Cassino Veteran)

Comment

Prince Czartoriski - RAF Pilot!!

Comment

Plutonoy (SGT) Weska - D Day veteran:

Comment

Comment

In WW2!

And medals:

Today:

Comment

What's the cross this veteran is wearing ahead of the British awards.

I myself think you have some wonderful real items from WW2 veterans

Awards added to tunics are not that important as one never knows what the veterans were thinking/doing after the war on the way home. Friends could have swapped ribbons or any number of things. I've been in the military and really most service men don't care much or pay attention to medals.

Myself, I care more about the ones I collect from WW1 and the Victorian era than I do about my personal awards. I don't even know where my last award is that was given to me when I left the service. I was upset with my grandfather for doing the same after ww2 but I did the same thing. Most people aren't impressed with their own service.

Comment

hey mooyman, i see you did your homework,nice pics. did you meet al this veterans???

Comment

Getting in a bit late on this thread...

Some fantastic photographs! Thank you Mooyman for posting them. A little known but important bit of history that needs to be remembered and preserved.

Originally posted by pak 75 View Post
                              :
                              I would love to have some visitors here from Poland you are lucky, to have that honour, I have only had once the honour to shake the hand of a Polish soldier who fought here and still lives here in Belgium.
                              It’s a bit of a shame, that these good people where nowhere welcome after the war, they where not welcome in Poland because of Stalin, they have worked together with the Anglo-American forces, and where consider as spies by the communists!! In Belgium its the same deal.

Those who would make a new live in Belgium, and where given the Belgian nationality, where not considered as a Belgian veteran, and by so they have no right on a yearly donation like the Belgium army veterans, but after 60 years they have one, and finally get the honour to have as a Belgian army soldier in the war, but then these donation was TAKEN AWAY AGAIN , but with some mayor's of the towns here that where liberated, we did make a petition and have some protest to the Belgian government, and finally the Polish soldiers have now been restored in honour and were given back there donation
                              I guess after all those years justice have served right now.

pak 75
                              Cześć pak 75!

To your credit you display uncommon knowledge in acknowledging the Polish contribution to the liberation of Belgium, and also for your understanding of the tragedy that befell the Polish soldier when WWII ended. Moreover you deserve much gratitude for your work on behalf of the Polish veterans in your country. Well done!!

Serdeczne pozdrowienia,
                              Tony
                              Last edited by Antoni Zawadzki; 06-23-2007, 03:11 AM.

Comment

thanks,but my contribution for this men is only a tiny thing compared what others do,but i still if we all do a tiny bit, this brave men will not be forgotten
                                in the future, they where the first to fight !!!!
                                mooyman is one of those people to who did his homework and did also his share for the polish veterans, in this way they will not be forgotten
                                any other pics to share mooyman.
                                did i read wrong did you did a exhibition in brazil, and do some polish veteransof the first armoured division in brazil remember belgium,thielt ore ruyselede when you talk about there campains?????
                                i am just currious about this????

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X