Dunkirk - Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyle Harrington View Post
    When I went to see the film with my wife I could not believe the young teenage girls in the cinema, I soon realized. At least they had to ask questions about the events within the film so I applaud any move which opens up history to those who perhaps are ignorant of the event.
    British History and pivotal events in our History and world history should be taught in schools and not left to money making tripe nonsense like this ****e film

Comment

Originally posted by Woolgar View Post
      A masterstroke by the director! Opened up a huge younger audience who normally wouldn't go the cinema to watch a WW2 movie ...$$$$$$$$
      So the deaths of thousands of Allied troops exploited for the box office,

yes a master stroke by Nolan !!!! spot on there !

Comment

Originally posted by Lj90 View Post
        Did you watch the film?
        Just google it. He’s there alright, had a lengthly part unfortunately. Not sure why...
        he was **** in it as well, as were most of the others

Comment

Originally posted by Totenhead View Post
          British History and pivotal events in our History and world history should be taught in schools and not left to money making tripe nonsense like this ****e film

To be fair, there are a lot of teachers who can make WW2 as exciting as watching paint dry. I learned about Dunkirk in school, but what made me excited about WW2 history (and the event) was the video game Secret Weapons Over Normandy.

Comment

Originally posted by Totenhead View Post
            So the deaths of thousands of Allied troops exploited for the box office,

yes a master stroke by Nolan !!!! spot on there !
            No one forced anyone to watch it , your money went into the box office too mate

Comment

Originally posted by Woolgar View Post
              No one forced anyone to watch it , your money went into the box office too mate
              Yes i know, thats why i am so pissed off about it !!! i was conned into handing over £16 to that charlatan !!!

Comment

I saw it today ...

I saw Dunkirk today for the 1st time & I liked it.
                Great to see all the red, white, & blue ensigns.
                .....OFW.......

.............(below) Dunkirk movie red, white, & blue ensigns.
                Attached Files
                sigpic
                .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

Originally posted by leproc View Post
                  To be fair, there are a lot of teachers who can make WW2 as exciting as watching paint dry. I learned about Dunkirk in school, but what made me excited about WW2 history (and the event) was the video game Secret Weapons Over Normandy.
                  I must be older because what hooked me was seeing a copy of Sgt Rock or GI Combat sitting high on a shelf in the grocery store while my Mother was wheeling the shopping cart with me in it down the aisle. I reached out for it, drawn to the Germans on the cover and had to have it. I was 7 years old. As I grew older (but never up) I was drawn to building models of ww2 vehicles and aircraft, of all sides and of course, blowing them up or shooting at them with my BB gun.
                  As for the film being discussed here, I still haven't seen it, it's not on HBO, Starz or any of my other 'free' channels yet.
                  Eric

Comment

[QUOTE=ValhallaMilitaria;8137421] As I grew older (but never up) I was drawn to building models of ww2 vehicles and aircraft, of all sides and of course, blowing them up or shooting at them with my BB gun.
                    /QUOTE]

I am glad I am not the only one who did this...

Don

Comment

[QUOTE=DonC;8137475]
                      Originally posted by ValhallaMilitaria View Post
                      As I grew older (but never up) I was drawn to building models of ww2 vehicles and aircraft, of all sides and of course, blowing them up or shooting at them with my BB gun.
                      /QUOTE]

I am glad I am not the only one who did this...

Don
                      +1, we should start a Facebook group. J

Comment

[QUOTE=jacquesf;8137483]
                        Originally posted by DonC View Post

+1 years later I found back some parts of a blown up Sherman that made it up to the flat roof of our garage; I also remember "launching" a spitfire from my room window, using firework streakers attached below the wings, the whole room smelling like a burning exhaust, I was excited, my mom didn't shared my point of view :-) what a great childhood we had!!

Comment

Funny we survived childhood and teen years, I shot mine with a 22 at my gramps farm.

Then built a V2 model rocket fired by solid propellant, safe if you did it right lol
                          Last edited by Kelly w; 04-08-2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=jacquesf;8137483]
                            Originally posted by DonC View Post

You can moderate it Jacques...it'll be HUUGE.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly w View Post
                              Funny we survived childhood and teen years, I shot mine with a 22 at my gramps farm.

Then built a V2 model rocket fired by solid propellant, safe if you did it right lol
                              LOL, When I got older I raided my Father's closet and used the 12 gauge and the bolt action Remington .22 to shoot at bricks. Used the shotgun to attack bee's nests in the woods, shot at an old cast iron tub on the farm that caught runoff from a pipe coming out of the hillside, those .22 rounds bounced off and went flying all over the place.(I was trying to put holes in the tub) I can still remember the noise they made as the richoched. I am amazed sometimes that I made it through my teenage years.

Comment

[QUOTE=glaser;8137510]
                                Originally posted by jacquesf View Post

+1 years later I found back some parts of a blown up Sherman that made it up to the flat roof of our garage; I also remember "launching" a spitfire from my room window, using firework streakers attached below the wings, the whole room smelling like a burning exhaust, I was excited, my mom didn't shared my point of view :-) what a great childhood we had!!
                                Yes we did. I am thankful every damn day that I got to be a kid in the 70's and 80's when you could actually be a KID.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X