No announcement yet.

Dunkirk - Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe Totenhead has summed it up. All of the award shows, grammy, golden globe, emmy, SAG, oscar, are just co-workers telling each other how wonderful they are.

Comment

If you want to see an excellent movie centered around Dunkirk, watch Darkest Hour. Dunkirk was, in my humble opinion, abysmal.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by Wilhelm View Post
        I believe Totenhead has summed it up. All of the award shows, grammy, golden globe, emmy, SAG, oscar, are just co-workers telling each other how wonderful they are.
        Indeed, i find it quite nauseating at times

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
          If you want to see an excellent movie centered around Dunkirk, watch Darkest Hour. Dunkirk was, in my humble opinion, abysmal.

Don
          Well said, although Darkest Hour has some major flaws but are forgivable

Comment

Originally posted by Wilhelm View Post
            No .... they are just bloody good films

Comment

Originally posted by Totenhead View Post
              Well said, although Darkest Hour has some major flaws but are forgivable
              Mate, which flawless, historicaly correct war movie does it for you?

Nick

Comment

Ya but how award wins? Not best picture or director that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Woolgar View Post
                  Mate, which flawless, historicaly correct war movie does it for you?

Nick
                  Mate

It’s not the historical inaccuracies that bug me about Dunkirk.

It’s simply poorly directed, poorly produced, script is poor, acting is poor, dialogue is poor, it’s a poor movie, don't believe the hype.

Darkest Hour

Great film let down by a a few flaws.

1. WSC was 100% always against appeasement with Hitler, he never considered it one iota at any time
                  2. His secretary as depicted in the film did not join him until 1942.
                  3. The underground scenes and obligatory diversity scene ruined a great film

I prefer the older war movies Nick, not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but not blighted by modern day political correctness and " yoof " culture

Comment

In the year of Hollywood grovelling and begging forgiveness from the female gender,basically any movie with women in it will sweep the board.Dunkirk will win nothing,and doesnt deserve to win anything either.

Comment

Toten

Another thing that is annoying is all the soldiers lined up on the mole with all the same color condition helmets and gear as if they just got away from the supply depot. Come on, these guys just spent the last week getting their butts kicked and in retreat dodging artillery, bullets and Luft. Dirty them up a bit please for goodness sake.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly w View Post
                        another thing that is annoying is all the soldiers lined up on the mole with all the same color condition helmets and gear as if they just got away from the supply depot. Come on, these guys just spent the last week getting their butts kicked and in retreat dodging artillery, bullets and luft. Dirty them up a bit please for goodness sake.
                        +1

Comment

Originally posted by Totenhead View Post
                          Mate

It’s not the historical inaccuracies that bug me about Dunkirk.

It’s simply poorly directed, poorly produced, script is poor, acting is poor, dialogue is poor, it’s a poor movie, don't believe the hype.

Darkest Hour

Great film let down by a a few flaws.

1. WSC was 100% always against appeasement with Hitler, he never considered it one iota at any time
                          2. His secretary as depicted in the film did not join him until 1942.
                          3. The underground scenes and obligatory diversity scene ruined a great film

I prefer the older war movies Nick, not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but not blighted by modern day political correctness and " yoof " culture
                          Yes, I smelled a rat the minute Churchill got on the Tube. But Oldman was so good in the role - I really could forgive the usual Hollywood crapola.

Don

Comment

Sorry im a bit late seeing the movie. I did see snips from Youtube and even in those snips i thought the scenes seemed to drag on boringly. After watching whole movie last nite...i thought the whole movie dragged on kinda melancholy. OMG they could have used alot of CGI to clutter up the beaches with wrecked equipment, bomb craters bodies etc. Just seemed too clean and orderly for a event of this proportion. I thought they were strafed and bombed more or less continually during for the whole duration? When there was a bombing...the dead as a result showed no evidence of wounds, blood, contorted bodies or even torn uniforms. To me the movie did not convey the total desperation, urgency, or size and scope of the whole operation. Plus due to the oddball editing it seemed like the spit pilot flew all day on less than 50 gallons of fuel. And when he did run out of fuel...he glided around endlessly at a ridiculous speed for what seemed like a hour or so. Also why the hell would he still have his 02 mask on at the low altitude?...Lastly i never seen a spit with its prop mounted on a pole in leu of a motor in the burning plane at the end. The musical score seemed to drone on not really reflecting or enhancing the urgency of the scenes being played out on screen. Maybe if id seen it on the big screen instead of my puny 65in tv, i would have a more favorable take on the movie...but nope i doubt ill watch it again. What a dissapointment

Comment

Originally posted by PEVO View Post
                              Sorry im a bit late seeing the movie. I did see snips from Youtube and even in those snips i thought the scenes seemed to drag on boringly. After watching whole movie last nite...i thought the whole movie dragged on kinda melancholy. OMG they could have used alot of CGI to clutter up the beaches with wrecked equipment, bomb craters bodies etc. Just seemed too clean and orderly for a event of this proportion. I thought they were strafed and bombed more or less continually during for the whole duration? When there was a bombing...the dead as a result showed no evidence of wounds, blood, contorted bodies or even torn uniforms. To me the movie did not convey the total desperation, urgency, or size and scope of the whole operation. Plus due to the oddball editing it seemed like the spit pilot flew all day on less than 50 gallons of fuel. And when he did run out of fuel...he glided around endlessly at a ridiculous speed for what seemed like a hour or so. Also why the hell would he still have his 02 mask on at the low altitude?...Lastly i never seen a spit with its prop mounted on a pole in leu of a motor in the burning plane at the end. The musical score seemed to drone on not really reflecting or enhancing the urgency of the scenes being played out on screen. Maybe if id seen it on the big screen instead of my puny 65in tv, i would have a more favorable take on the movie...but nope i doubt ill watch it again. What a dissapointment
                              The director did not want to use CGI hence it was a crap film . Rob
                              God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

After reading of all this , it should be renamed Dumkirk.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X