Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROBB View Post
    The director did not want to use CGI hence it was a crap film . Rob
    Unless he was able come up with a airworthy He111, this one in the movie is either a large RC model or CGI...you know...the LONE one that takes forever to come out of a bank and line up on a bombing run on a ship...then gets shot up and crashes in between 3 small vessels!.

oh i forget about the ju87s too.

A reedit and additional CGI visuals could IMO could really make this a better movie.
    Last edited by PEVO; 02-02-2018, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Specifics are lacking in this film. The only ones that might love it are the new generations that don't have a clue about WW2.

Another thing, did that kid have a soft head or what. Fatal head injury falling 2 steps on a wood floor, come on, gee!
      Last edited by Kelly w; 02-02-2018, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly w View Post
        Specifics are lacking in this film. The only ones that might love it are the new generations that don't have a clue about WW2.

Another thing, did that kid have a soft head or what. Fatal head injury falling 2 steps on a wood floor, come on, gee!
        I guess im just nitpicking alot of small things (i tend to ruin a movie experience since i tend to psychoanalyze too much and dont enjoy the movie for what it is) i watched it later last nite and had to turn way down the home theater because my family thought bombs were going off in the house. That could be why the musical score didnt click for me....too low. Anyways i may watch it again when no one else it home and turn it up...maybe that will sway me some...example: are these spits late war models?...when did they come out with the bubble canopies??

Comment

Are we here smart or what, Oscar wins for sound was right on, the rest nope! Editing? What for?
          Last edited by Kelly w; 03-05-2018, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Gary Oldman - Best Actor for Darkest Hour. Now THAT was a good movie!

Don

Comment

[QUOTE=DonC;8103658]Gary Oldman - Best Actor for Darkest Hour. Now THAT was a good movie!

+1

Comment

I believe its an immature depiction of the events, did he read a comic about Dunkirk ?

Nolan should stick to silly Sci-Fi movies and not try and indulge himself in real history

Absolute tripe, i despise that film

PS
                The music got on my ****ing nerves

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                  Gary Oldman - Best Actor for Darkest Hour. Now THAT was a good movie!

Don
                  Yes he deserved it 100%, good on him

Good movie but not great sadly

Comment

Nolan saw an opportunity to make money with Dunkirk, with little regard for historical accuracy. He simply focused on giving today’s “modern” audience what they want. Such a shame as it could have been so much better.
                    Dunkirk was made for the majority unfortunately, not us guys.

Comment

Tom Hardy is a very talented actor and has charisma to spare in most roles. The deadpan laconic persona of his role in this film may have been an accurate representation of that famous British reserve, but it was a waste of talent for an actor of his caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyricigliano View Post
                        Tom Hardy is a very talented actor and has charisma to spare in most roles. The deadpan laconic persona of his role in this film may have been an accurate representation of that famous British reserve, but it was a waste of talent for an actor of his caliber.
                        The acting wasn’t the best in this film. Tom hardy was cast purely due to his popularity, and it just goes to show Nolan’s intentions as he even gave a part to Harry Styles

Comment

Originally posted by Lj90 View Post
                          Harry Styles
                          Wer?

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyricigliano View Post
                            Wer?
                            Did you watch the film?
                            Just google it. He’s there alright, had a lengthly part unfortunately. Not sure why...

Comment

Originally posted by Lj90 View Post
                              Did you watch the film?
                              Just google it. He’s there alright, had a lengthly part unfortunately. Not sure why...
                              A masterstroke by the director! Opened up a huge younger audience who normally wouldn't go the cinema to watch a WW2 movie ...$$$$$$$$

Comment

Masterstroke

When I went to see the film with my wife I could not believe the young teenage girls in the cinema, I soon realized. At least they had to ask questions about the events within the film so I applaud any move which opens up history to those who perhaps are ignorant of the event.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X