Dunkirk - Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scotty1418 View Post
    I think any French firearm collector would have been pissed in the first 120 seconds when they confront French forces with clearly post-ww2 models of the Mas-36 - small detail but it really got me and would have been incredibly easy to avoid.
    You have highlighted a major flaw in the film, and for me, it all goes downhill from that point onwards

The opening scenes of the film, when the Tommy's are ( we believe its Dunkirk, which is confirmed a few minutes later ) being shot at and some are killed, the main character escapes over the gate and then turns a corner and see's the French blockade.

Who has been been shooting at the Tommy's with single and automatic weapons?
    The Germans were no where near Dunkirk until after the evacuations !!!

Its all nonsense !

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly w View Post
      Well someone has my $6.00 but better then $30 for the DVD.

I think the movie industry should stop making war movies. They focus more on what the younger paying viewers wants rather then getting it right. Why do they have to have some dumb crap in the opening scene? You're right also they get shot at and first thing they do is run in the middle of the street to be picked off. That alone should put all WW2 buffs off this movie.
      Who's meant to be firing at them in the first place? We are led to believe that the main character arrives at the beginning of the evacuations, the Germans were miles away from Dunkirk until the evacuations were over !

its all nonsense

Comment

Watched the film last night and was disappointed..could have been so much better.
        The actors were 'wooden' to say the least.

Comment

I really like the movie specially the music effects from Hans Zimmer..some movies dont need much dialog ,,

Comment

Totenhead

I watched it again before my 48 hrs ppv was up.

It's not boring I give them that, and if not for the sound and nice picture this would go down as a really dumb effort for us WW2 dudes. The idiot parts really put me off to the whole thing.

It needed much more to be fantastic. And for those that say less is more, follow a few characters view of the day, well they missed that also.

End of the day it's the majority viewer that make the rules as they pay to see it. And it worked as it was a profitable movie with mostly good reviews.

Get ready for more of the same, yuk!

Comment

And you guys are right, watching that plywood model burn in the last shot of the movie with no engine is just movie making negligence, a crime. This needed a James Cameron, Lucas, Spielberg and it would have had attention to detail covered and be more realistic.

Comment

Yes

Not as bad and very accurate as you brilliant war movie FURY!
                That was cringworthy to watch....poor acting...terrible battle scenes...made a mockery of your veterans....
                However...Band of Brothers is a masterpeice of filmaking and always will be...

Comment

Originally posted by Top Buzzer View Post
                  That was cringworthy to watch....poor acting...terrible battle scenes...made a mockery of your veterans....
                  What have you ever done in your life ?
                  anything noteworthy ?

Comment

Originally posted by Totenhead View Post
                    Who's meant to be firing at them in the first place? We are led to believe that the main character arrives at the beginning of the evacuations, the Germans were miles away from Dunkirk until the evacuations were over !

its all nonsense
                    Maybe not quite all, but enough crap from start to finish to make it disappointing. Another thing that bugs me and was talked about here. Every hit plane on both sides, the best they could CGI was a smoke trail. WThell, why not have a few catch fire or parts of a wing shot off etc like in real. They don't have to show a guy burning alive if they don't want to but do better please! And when a bomber was hit they just let it smoke puff away and not attack it to the ground for a total kill.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Buzzer View Post
                      Well when Dunkirk hits the free movie channel I'll watch it again, so I agree with ya.

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
                        What have you ever done in your life ?
                        anything noteworthy ?
                        I have watched Fury again and i retract my first comments, but without a doubt, the end spoils the whole unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly w View Post
                          Well when Dunkirk hits the free movie channel I'll watch it again, so I agree with ya.
                          Its free already my friend

Comment

This is not about Fury which is a way better Artistic Film.

What you are not seeing is the critics who were payed to give Dunkirk a glowing review.

You really need to see how the studio system works.

Comment

What you are not seeing is the critics who were payed to give Dunkirk a glowing review.

Fury is a great film, until the end, where i was expecting captain america and was dissapointed when he didnt appear

Comment

kammo man, when you were last at Dunkirk, what were your thoughts ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X