Mark Yerger passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what??? i can't believe it.
    we were talking in PM on July 21 this year.
    so sad. RIP

Comment

Mark

Very sad, RIP and condolences to his family. I have enjoyed his work. He will be missed.

Comment

This is very sad news indeed. He was a major contributor to the history we all enjoy studying and he will be missed greatly. My condolences to his family. Rest in Peace Mark.

Comment

A great and knowledgeable man. He truly understood and I enjoyed working with him. He will be missed.

" Ich hatt' ein Kamaraden"

Chuck Stubben
          Last edited by vonStubben; 10-10-2016, 12:42 AM.

Comment

I didn't know him personally but I bought a ek1 from him last year and it was something he had restored and looked after for awhile, he came across as a good honest man with a passion for this hobby and he will be sorely missed

Comment

I bought some prints and books from Marc when he appeared to be downsizing his house, found him an easy man to deal with - decent in his dealing.

Comment

Having been offline for a while, I was shocked by this sad news.

We were in contact during the work on the last books. I really enjoyed and I will miss it.

A great man has left.

Hands across the sea and thank you for everything.

My sincere hearfelt condolences for the family.

Farewell Mark

Comment

Very sad news. Rest in peace Mark .

/best regards Mike

Comment

Just came back to the forum after a couple of months of not visiting the site. Shocked, shocked and saddened to learn of Marks passing. RIP Mark Yerger, you will be missed by many.

Comment

I always enjoyed reading his post here, great wealth of information. Sorry to hear of his passing.

Comment

As the media reflect on the long list of personalities who are no longer with us / that were lost in 2016, think it's fair to say that the members here would share the same mindset when we think of the loss of Mark.

His excellent legacy will still be there, long after most of us have gone.

Peter

Comment

Been away from the hobby for about a year and I come back to this shocking news of Mark passing away. He was young, but I didn't know he was ill for a while.

I gotta tell yeah, 2016 has been a crappy year for me. Mark wasn't the only friend I lost. I wish 2016 would hurry up and pass. Getting sick of it.

RIP Mark

Regards
                          Samir

Comment

It has been two years since Mark Yerger died. While Mark certainly contributed much to the body of knowledge concerning the Waffen-SS it is clear that his work lacked the objectivity to be of genuine historical significance. I came across these piece today that is worth reading and thinking about,

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_C._Yerger

A key point of this essay stated, "Historians consider his portrayals to be uncritical, inadequate, and euphemistic."

I must say that my own thinking about the Waffen-SS has evolved in recent years and I currently pursue my research with a much greater degree of objectivity. My recent work with a professor in Helsinki has led to the realization that even the "Wiking" division had engaged in widespread war crimes since its early days. I once held that division in high regard, but no longer. I offer this advice to authors of literature concerning the Waffen-SS - Do you want your work to be remembered for its objectivity, depth of information and historical significance or do you want to be remembered as Mark Yerger is?

John Moore

Comment

Originally posted by John P. Moore View Post
                              It has been two years since Mark Yerger died. While Mark certainly contributed much to the body of knowledge concerning the Waffen-SS it is clear that his work lacked the objectivity to be of genuine historical significance. I came across these piece today that is worth reading and thinking about,

A key point of this essay stated, "Historians consider his portrayals to be uncritical, inadequate, and euphemistic."

I must say that my own thinking about the Waffen-SS has evolved in recent years and I currently pursue my research with a much greater degree of objectivity. My recent work with a professor in Helsinki has led to the realization that even the "Wiking" division had engaged in widespread war crimes since its early days. I once held that division in high regard, but no longer. I offer this advice to authors of literature concerning the Waffen-SS - Do you want your work to be remembered for its objectivity, depth of information and historical significance or do you want to be remembered as Mark Yerger is?

John Moore
                              Stay classy.

Comment

Originally posted by John P. Moore View Post

John Moore
                                Wikipedia historians are mostly left slanted. That's why Big Tech features them.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X