No announcement yet.

Mark Yerger passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very sad to hear. Mark was one of those i would have liked to have met in person. We shared a love of research obviously but also heavy metal and animals. Not the most common of interest mixes.

He will be sorely missed.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

My heart in heavy at the loss to our community. The quantity and quality of work he achieved with a body that was wracked with pain is phenomenal. But Mark being Mark he never sat on his laurels and always had an eye on the next project or improving the last ..... people like him pass only once in a lifetime - how fortunate for us all that we were around to benefit for his labors.

Comment

Sincere condoléances to Mark Yerger family.
        I am a fan of the Mark's work... What a sadness he can't live enough to finish his serie of books (classical forever).

He will not be forgotten before a long time amongst us...

Comment

I just learned of this, and my condolences to his family.

I never met Mark, but we did correspond regarding visor hats--believe it or not, he was a "closet admirer" of them, especially Feuerwehr visors.

A nice Obituary is here:

http://lancasteronline.com/obituarie...a587a0aef.html
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Wow,
            So sad to hear of this! Mark was always so willing to help with questions and talk about metal bands & shows. To paraphrase B.O.C. and Ozzy
            "He had taken his hand....he had become like they are...don't fear the reaper"

"Though I know we must be parted
            As sure as stars are in the sky
            I'm gonna see when it comes to glory
            And I'll see you, I'll see you on the other side"
            http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

This is a shock. I had no idea Mark was unwell. Condolences to his family.

Paul

Comment

What a shock! sad news indeed, RIP Mark

Comment

h

Very sad news RIP Mark Condolences to his family.

Comment

Very sorry to lern of Mark's passing, from occasional email correspondence I knew time was not on his side and he was almost engaged in a race against it.
                    Sincere condolences to mark's sister and family circle.

Comment

Very, very sad news!
                      We had a rather extensive correspondence concerning the "Totenkopf"-books the last time and I knew he was ill but that is a real shock to me!

I really wished I had the opportunitiy to meet him in person.

RIP, Mark!

Best, Peter

Comment

Really saddened to hear this terrible news....RIP Mark

Comment

I have no words right now other as rest in peace my dear collector and Sabbath friend.

I am so tired about this desease. So many best and closest are not anymore over the last 2 years, so sad so many.

Comment

A scholar and a gentleman who greatly contributed to our collecting community. R.I.P.

Chet
                            Zinc stinks!

Comment

Very sad news to hear of Mark's departure. Our forum has lost a very fine researcher and historian. His extensive series of books would benefit collectors for many many years to come. That is his legacy. You will be sadly missed, Mark. A big loss to the community. Really sad news.

Mil

Comment

I did not know Mark personally. Met him briefly at the home of a military book seller once back in the early 1990's. Ironically, before he arrived that day I had just bought a copy of his book Knights of Steel Vol. 1. From the beginning what made this particular book a stand out from so many other titles in print at the time was the information he provided on individuals along with the accompanying photos. Something not seen in such detail in print on the Waffen SS up to that point. RIP.
                                Last edited by Edward; 09-14-2016, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X