Perfect Reference Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mike,

what do you think of my proposal about a "special price" for us?

Ivan

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

THE PRICE?

I personally know both Mike Tucker and Steven Previtera and both are dedicated researchers. The book just from the layout alone will be a great source of enjoyment and will probably be in everyone's library before the end of the year. The price is high at first glance, but the quality of the presentation, and in color no less, is not cheap to produce. The information one can obtain from the pages of this book may save you twice the cost if you buy a convincing fake for an original. The way the book looks, just from the flyer, the medals will be shown at ever angle, both obverse and reverse. One must remember the old saying, "one picture is worth a thousands words" And on final remark is that you can NEVER get too many books. I will have my order in for one for sure.

Comment

I agree-its' on my Xmas wish list

I agree with everything said above about reference materials.
        I too spent/got taken/raped before I got my USSR medals book .
        The best $95 I spent was on that book-and I have watched some poor guys get the royal shaft at a number of shows since then ("Oh yes, this glossuy plastic order of the Red Star is a World War Two issue, yes, the number of 13,000,000 means it was given in 1944"...etc.etc.)
        Mike Tucker's book is a trustworthy source and detailed with relaible and new research. It is not a glossy photo book lined with post-war copies. Nor is it an Ego book.
        2. CD Roms are fine, but like the man said-you don't often carry a laptop with you and besides-in 5 years CDs will be on the way out.
        Do you know how many Jpeg photos I have on diskette from the Old AOL forum and the early days of this forum? In two years I won't be able to get a Dell with a diskette slot and then Windows XP/mrk. 3 won't "recognise" the picture, so at least with a hard copy Bill Gates can't make you obsolete in a year.
        I am buying copies of both books.
        Cheers,
        JeMc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X