Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect Reference Book

Hello All,

Michael Tucker's new book, could this be the perfect reference book, i don't much about this book but what little i have seen on his web site it look's like it is going to be very good.
    Does anybody else know anything more about Mr Tucker's book.

lee.

whats his web site

Comment

http://www.authenticmilitaria.com/

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

looks like a really good book, but damn 130.00!!!!!

Comment

Jaysus! For $130, whatever it is had BETTER be perfect!!!

You lot get my Enormous Ribbon Bar Article and all the other Wonderful Reference Articles here for FREE:

so excuse the occasional typos, and don't let your conscience weigh heavily about not paying a measly 20 bucks a year Association dues...

Comment

These books are getting as expensive as our meetings here in Texas!
            The Association dues are a real bargin for the information given, Lorenzo's photos, Rick's short posts, the great photos, etc. etc.

Comment

$130.00? Ouch!!!!!!!!!!! But he does have good stuff.

Marvin

Comment

How about double the price, son

Well think about us down here it's double $260 big ones
                Strong wind-magic mist, to Asgard the Valkries fly
                High overhead-they carry the dead, Where the blood of my enemies lies - MANOWAR - Hail to England

Comment

WOW! That IS expensive. Has anyone bought it? Any reviews available? Marvin

Comment

That is ridiculous!!!!

That is ridiculous, $130 US for a reference book. Is anyone here seriously going to pay that for this work? In my opinion the days of the book are numbered. With the advent of technology I think most people would find a CD-ROM reference source much more accessible, accurate and connivent to use. What is everyone’s thoughts on this?

Regards

Dez

Comment

Well, I like this guy's site. He seems to have fair prices and stands behind his sales. But I will not pay that money unless I hear from reputable people who have reviewed it. For me it is simply too much money to risk without some assurance. If it is REALLY good and reliable....maybe. But I will watch for awhile. Marvin

Comment

I agree.....

.....that it is a lot of money to ask for a reference book, but I think that in the long run it would be money well spent. We will definitely, in the future, see more internet related reference material available and yes, something on the order of a CD available as well.
                        In my mind though, there is nothing more comfortable than to sit at night, all wrapped up, and read a good book, reference or otherwise. I am looking forward to the release of this reference work and will certainly make some room for it.
                        Another of it's advantages is the portability that it provides for that much needed reference when a purchase is contemplated and perhaps consumated as well.

--------------------

Bruce

Comment

Well, the books format does look good, i'll wait to hear whether or not the content and accuracy is what you'd expect of a $130 book.
                          I know it isn't out yet, but i do hope its going to be more widely available. They're not doing themselves any favours by only accepting checks (nobody uses those any more over here).

Dez
                          I use computers and the internet both for work and (far more importantly) for my hobby. I couldn't do either without them but i will still buy a book over a CD-ROM version of the same any day.

$130 is a lot of dosh for a reference book, but i've seen worse in the field of numismatics and ancient history (my other passion).

Simon
                          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Tucker Book

Hello,
                            I think the book will be a good one. I plan on buying a copy myself. One of the reasons I am getting it, is that a lot of items from my collection are in the book. So that will be neat.

In my opinion, the book will be of the same high quality as the Iron Time.

I tell you the reason I like books. They are easy to get to, you don't always have a computer handy. Plus you can read a book in bed and it is portable. I get tired of stuff on CD. It like people that listen to books on audio tapes, that bugs me. I guess that is the teacher in me coming out.
                            Regards,
                            Jody
                            Last edited by Jody Beltram; 07-19-2002, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Like Jody, I like reference books. But before I spend $130 the publisher is going to have to wine me, dine me, and ply me with lots and lot of premium adult beverages.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X