No announcement yet.

Favorite Warmovie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in Spain at the weekend and when a Spanish chap was asked what happened on D Day he replied "The Americans invaded Europe" .Lets just hope Spillburger doesnt do a remake of The Battle of Britain or a Bridge too Far or Agincourt .Rob.
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Originally posted by pimpf
      Real vets over here told this film is a wrong parody and has nothing common with the real history of this battle.

The best foreign war movie I have ever seen was the "Apocalypse Now".
      You can say the same over here about "Apocalypse Now". It's a fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by coastie
        You can say the same over here about "Apocalypse Now". It's a fantasy.
        Yes, I know this ... But what a great fantasy, very inpressive.

Comment

Cross OF Iron

Cross of Iron for me Great film
          steven

Comment

Blackhawk Down, for its realism.

Comment

cross of iron is class!

Comment

Well J started this thread a long time ago,

Happy to see its still running good!

J have to agree, although its not on the list that Blackhawk Down was simply one of a kind.

It was very realistic and no real Hollywood BS!

Comment

Originally posted by Jens
                  Well J started this thread a long time ago,

Happy to see its still running good!

J have to agree, although its not on the list that Blackhawk Down was simply one of a kind.

It was very realistic and no real Hollywood BS!
                  Agree ! This is an excellent movie !

Comment

Favorite film(s).

"Das Boot" is outstanding , some errors yes but better than anything yet to cover the German side.

Other decent movies , if you allow for some of the sterotypes of the British.
                    "The Cruel Sea" .
                    "Ice Cold in Alex"
                    These are timeless and will never date , so much better than more expensive Hollywood flicks of the same era.
                    Stalingrad , Platoon are also favorites of mine.
                    The black and white " All Quiet on the Western Front" is really good.

Comment

I think the 'true' brilliant war movies are:

1) Das Boot
                      2) Stalingrad

I have found very spectacular (wonderful air combat scenes):

1) Blue Max
                      2) Battle of Britain

I like Aces High as well but it is not so good as the two above..

Pearl Harbor it is a total crap - why did the Americans need whole USAAF? They could sent Rafe to Europe (he could have won the air War in Europe alone) and Danny could make the same over the pacific. Two planes - no losses only successes...
                      What is more.. why did the Amies not use the moder Ticonderoga class rocket vessels (seen on the screen?) ?

Comment

B-4 Charlie Mopec -- Vietnam movie about a LRRP patrol is just outstanding.

Comment

THE WAR LOVER Steve McQueen Robert Wagner The GREAT ESCAPE
                          A Midnite Clear Von Ryan Express
                          Last edited by macki; 02-05-2005, 10:25 PM.

Comment

It's more or less a war movie "The Long Voyage Home" with John Wayne playing a not so bright Swede on a Mechant ship running convoys to and from Europe. It has the typical 40's sappiness but it was poignant just the same.

One of the few Coast Guard movies "OnionHead" with Andy Griffith about a jilted college kid joins the CG and ends up as a Steward onboard a Buoy Tender. The only war scene was encountering a U-boat. The Boot Camp was the same Boot Camp I was at in Alameda California, lived in the same barracks too. My worst when I joined was being a Cook/Steward on a BT.

Comment

Hello All:

My all time fav. war flick has to be Kelly's Heros. "Just can't get enough odd ball, wolf,wolf,wolf. That's my other dog imitation" . I would have to say for a serious war flick it's a toss up between Saving Private Ryan, Das Boot, A Bridge Too Far, and the Longest Day. I also like Schindlers list, "altho not a true war film so much as a holocost film." .

Matthew Greer.

Comment

At last...

I finally got to watch Das Boot in it's entirety, uninterupted. Wife and kids gone for the evening and it was great.

As it was with no BS.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X