KC holders nowadays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mdj View Post
    Some of the best german soldiers together....Lets also remember the KC holders who now rest in peace....

--october 2007--

I can see that some of them are not wearing their KC's. Are they all KC holders?

Regards

Edgar

Comment

Many years ago I was a corresponding member of the OdR and Becker-Neetz was the contact man as I remember. I paid membership dues for a few years and received signed pictures of several of the surviving members at that time, but as I did not write German too well, I let my membership slide. As an author I was listed in some of the newsletters and enjoyed corresponding with those who wrote in English. They seemed interested that someone from America was interested enough in the relics to write reference books. Even at that time the membership was declining and deaths were listed in the newsletters that came on a regular basis. I assume this still occurs even with the small declining membership.
      Ron Weinand

Comment

Hello Edgar, as i stated previously some of the men in the photo are DKiG or Ek winners,

Hello Ron , yes the now unfortunately regular deaths of RKT's are still reported in the association magazine,

Regards

Paul

Comment

Wonderful thread. I wonder if these guys get tired of folks contacting them. I would be reluctant to furnish too much information without thier consent. Im sure that in the earlier days, they probably enjoyed some fanfare and interest, especially from thier former enemies. However, at thier age and in these days, I bet many shy away from too much attention. Just a guess. Great thread and thank you for posting the photos and information in brevity.

T

Comment

Here is a link to my autographed RK photo collection. There are also hand written lettes answering 3 questions..
            1.Who awarded you your RK
            2.What dod you do to be awarded it
            3. What was your most memorable wartime experience

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u...n/RK%20Photos/

Comment

Is that Herr Doktor Hans Georg Hess on the bottom left?

Comment

Not to be a Downer but lets also remember that they killed Your Uncles,Brothers and Fathers....They Lost the war.I can see the appreciation for their actions to a certain degree.

Comment

Originally posted by busterz111 View Post
                  Not to be a Downer but lets also remember that they killed Your Uncles,Brothers and Fathers....They Lost the war.I can see the appreciation for their actions to a certain degree.
                  They didnt kill mine. They were defending their lives form your uncles, brothers, fathers who tried to kill them and did kill their uncles, brothers and fathers.

Comment

Thats not a response I can appreciate...

Comment

Wise words indeed. There is a massive gulf in between respect and adoration.

Soldiers do not manufacture war, that is the remit of the leaders and politicians.

I have corresponeded with many of the soldiers in the excellent photograph which started this thread, but it has been from a position of respect and not adoration.

Solders deserve the respect without doubt, that is the same whatever their nationality, but it should be remembered that in my country they have most certainly not in any way been treated post-war as their war servive deserves. In fact, many have been treated apallingly.

My message is simple, respect and understanding.
                      Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Originally posted by stgeorge64 View Post

Soldiers do not manufacture war, that is the remit of the leaders and politicians.
                        Thats what its all about....

Last words I want to say about it. Soldiers, no matter in what country they were born, did their duty. Some did it with courage.

Comment

All responses Taken to heart,,,didn't mean to stir the Nest,Just giving My Opinions as Bullheaded as they may be.I forget the Forums are International and some have Vets in the German Army.But from an American view point I stand with what and how I said it.As for the Uncles and Fathers It would have been different if the US was the Initial aggressor...BUT ask folks from Poland,Czechoslovakia,Russia,ENGLAND,FRANCE and LOTS of other countries and I am sure they would still have a disdain for Germans and what the KC Represents.

Personally I collect these items as a War trophy aspect,not because of the men who wore them.

Comment

Unfortunately my friend Dr. Hans Mehrle was not able to attend, as he has difficulty walking. Im sure there are several others in his situation. his RK was stolen by a cleaning lady from his office many years ago

Comment

Request

Dear Gentlemen,

Having collected some WW2 German militaria over time, I have made a personal project for myself, which is to meet KC Holders in person and hopefully to have a simple photo and an autograph with them.

1. would this be too much to ask?
                              2. would you know any of them based in the UK (quite unlikely, but i still have to ask)
                              3. how would I be able to obtain their address, and permission to meet them?
                              4. Who can I write to? Or where can I get more information from?
                              5. I am not able to speak any German, but I would do my very best to try and communicate and make an effort at the very least to make them feel comfortable.

Please advice. It is my personal project and I hope if this takes off, I will be able to share with the community. Thank you Gentlemen.

Sincerely,
                              Mil.

Comment

Originally posted by stgeorge64 View Post
                                Wise words indeed. There is a massive gulf in between respect and adoration.

My message is simple, respect and understanding.
                                Very well put
                                And to those who may be interested in addresses, FFS, these gents are all well over 80. Hasn't that boat sailed?
                                Let them enjoy their twilight years without requests for contact from strangers.
                                If my opa was getting unsolicited mail from strangers about the war I'd be furious

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X