• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking for anything named or related to any of the following men:
    Georg Burkhard
    Ludwig Burkhard
    Benedict Scharrer
    Hans Scharrer
    I have several documents from these men and I would like to see if anything else is out there that has been lost to time. Thanks for the help.

Comment

i am looking for documents related to unteroffizier Josef Höcherl
      I'm proud to be a sergeant in the royal dutch army

Always looking for documents from the 126. Infanterie-Division.

Comment

Great idea for a thread!

I'm looking for the following:
        Anything related to these brothers from Altenseelbach:
        Erich Ermert, born 07.02.1910, gefallen 06.05.1944
        Hugo Ermert, born 27.06.1912 gefallen 12.03.1944
        Fritz Ermert, gefallen 01.10.1942

There might be more familymembers as well:
        Friedrich Ermert, born 25.04.1908, gefallen 22.08.1942
        Heinrich Ermert, born 17.11.1909, gefallen 28.02.1945
        Willi Ermert, born 09.02.1907, verstorben 16.04.1947

Comment

Originally posted by Burkhard45 View Post
          I am looking for anything named or related to any of the following men:
          Georg Burkhard
          Ludwig Burkhard
          Benedict Scharrer
          Hans Scharrer
          I have several documents from these men and I would like to see if anything else is out there that has been lost to time. Thanks for the help.
          Ludwig Burkhard
          http://www.virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=2646

Comment

Hi,

One only needs to look on dealers websites (including sponsors of this site) to see groupings split on a daily basis.
            While I think it is a negative to split a group, I can also understand why it happens.
            Some groupings are so large - paperwork, medals, photos, books, uniform etc; that it would take a millionaire to buy them!
            Sellers therefore split the group into affordable parts, to maximize profit - and also to attract collectors who may be interested in specific areas of collecting such as uniform, medals etc.
            I myself have "reunited" several groupings by checking thoroughly through a sellers items, and finding items to a named individual.
            Some sellers try to keep groups together, some split items as a matter of course on arrival of a "group".
            The latter I dislike as it detracts from a historical perspective, the former I can understand as a buyer interested in paperwork will not be interested in buying a tunic or medal.
            Also, mixed groupings cannot be displayed in a satisfactory way being a mixture of items.
            I would not split a group, but it is a hard call!

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

as a long time collecter i am against splitting groupings.however we must remember that some groups from long serving service men or some generals and admirals groups are so huge that it would take a good size room to properly display them.i have an admirals group that has,i believe 140 or so framed items,plaques etc,along with 40+ uniform items along with everything that goes with it.it will stay packed but at least it was kept together...........dave

Comment

I also think it would be good to have a fixed thread for anyone looking for a particular name or missing group,

I have medals & docs, photos for a feldwebel Max Sturm Gren Reg 519
                his soldbuch or pass is out there some where would like them to be back together.

Comment

Hello, I´m looking for original Documents from KNIGHT CROSS HOLDER Karl Ziran. I have his original VB for the Knight Cross and his Knight Cross with Soldbuch and more Documents. I have the COPY of his award documents: Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse, EK 2 Verwundetenabzeichen and Infanteriesturmabzeichen papers. The original medals and papers are missing. If there is anyone who can help me and have papers or pictures of Karl ZIRAN please help me

Comment

Wilson, don't know if this is of any help but check out the photos

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...9818&start=315

of your Karl Ziran, or maybe this is you ? :-)

Comment

Werner Hoechel

Hello,

I am looking for items sold by a german auction house regarding Kapitaenleutnant Werner Hoechel.
                      Looking for his award-documents and albums...or anything else out of this group

Thanks
                      Christian
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by compressore View Post
                        Hello,

I am looking for items sold by a german auction house regarding Kapitaenleutnant Werner Hoechel.
                        Looking for his award-documents and albums...or anything else out of this group

Thanks
                        Christian
                        Hi,

Have you been able to reunite some of the items from the group?

Cheers,
                        Robert

Comment

hi,
                          i am looking for items regarding the following soldiers.

- Max Anzinger
                          - Herbert Weiss or Weiß, erkennungsmarke radf.Schw. AA 268 no.158

greetings Rik
                          I'm proud to be a sergeant in the royal dutch army

Always looking for documents from the 126. Infanterie-Division.

Comment

hans guhr

to all of you

would like to know who is the newest owner of my fathers rk

mdj, martin d j, calling himself a dutch collector, member of waf and odr was the last one and bought the rk award in 2011

i like to edit a book about my fathers life to his hundrets birthday oct 2016

would be nice to have some more pics for the book; 988 pages up to now

thanks

michael

Comment

Thankyou for the update.

Hopefully others will learn from all this.

Hope you find more photos.

Annelie

Comment

Originally posted by michael.g View Post
                                to all of you

would like to know who is the newest owner of my fathers rk

mdj, martin d j, calling himself a dutch collector, member of waf and odr was the last one and bought the rk award in 2011

i like to edit a book about my fathers life to his hundrets birthday oct 2016

would be nice to have some more pics for the book; 988 pages up to now

thanks

michael
                                ooo so strange, that I still have the KC in my possession, but someone else is the newest owner of Guhr's KC. I can make some picture for you if you like for your new book?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X