X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More of Erich's photo.
    Attached Files

Comment

Erich Knoll died just before the wars end on 20/4/1945 the second pic. shows his grave.
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice grouping (Knoll) Jim, images, documents, Pokal and in particular his Soldbuch really shows his length of service and is punctuated by the amazing selection of awards.

Really nice!!

Jeremy

Comment

The more i read about KG55 the more interesting this unit becomes.
          I grew up in Somerset in the exact same village as Hpt Helmut Brandts 6/KG55
          He111
          was shot down on the Filton factory raid.I never heard about the crash but will be
          taking my metal detector next time im down there

Also was suprised to see KG55 bombed the town where i live now Feltham and
          as a Train driver even more interested that it was the Railway depot that was the target.The Feltham depot was closed down many years ago but there is talk of reopening for a Airport link.

Also when i first moved to the smoke i lived in a place called Chertsey,the old lady next door told me of the bomber raids on Brooklands she saw and many years later i obtained Flugbuchs to a KG1 pilot whom took part in these raids.

Its a small world

Comment

Hi there!

Fantastic thread, my compliments! And thanks for sharing your beautyfull collection!

The Kampfgeschwader 55, named "Greif", was formed 1.5.39 in Gießen from the Stab of the KG155...

Here's my little contribution:

Thake a look at the feded numbers close to the clearer '158'..

Cheers!

Comment

Incredible collection from the same unit! Thanks for sharing. Best regards, Steve

Comment

Hi Andy,
                Good luck with the metel detection. Here is a photo of the crash site of Helmut Brandt's G1+EP at Church Farm, near Frome in Somerset. If you look on the thread on the forum "show your fliegerbluse's" Leroy shows some photos of Brandt's fliegerbluse.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Frank,
                  Thank you for posting your side cap, you don't always see the everyday issued items such as side caps unit marked. I've only one item marked to KG55s former designation KG155.
                  It is a map case marked up to I / KG155
                  Attached Files

Comment

The I / KG155 stamp.
                    Attached Files

Comment

What an awesome collection!!!!!

Comment

Silver ring with the Geschwader crest.
                        Attached Files

Comment

A very nice group to Oberfeldwebel Karsten Hinrichsen of 1st staffel KG55.
                          He was killed on the opening day of "Operation Barbarossa" the invasion of Russia on the 22nd of June 1941. KG55 lost seven aircraft and crews on that day. The group consists of his Soldbuch, his Radio operator/ airgunner licence, his Luftwaffe ID card and air gunners MG log book.
                          Interestingly his Soldbuch is an army one and not a Luftwaffe one.
                          Attached Files

Comment

He also served with the 10th staffel KG55
                            Attached Files

Comment

His Luftwaffenbordfunkerschein and Luftwaffe ID
                              Attached Files

Comment

His Air gunner log book,
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X