No announcement yet.

Kampfgeschwader 55 collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oblt. Heinrich Sudel awarded the RK 23/4/45.
    Post-war photo with original signature.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jim murray; 05-06-2012, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Lt. Arnold Doring formar member of KG55, awarded the RK 17/4/45.
      post-war photo with original signature.
      Attached Files

Comment

Fantastic collection, amazing patience and dicipline to concentrate on the one unit....

Comment

Originally posted by Max Wünsche View Post
          Fantastic collection, amazing patience and dicipline to concentrate on the one unit....
          Thank you Max for the kind words.
          As a result of collecting one unit, most of the items in your collection will have some history or a story with it, which can bring the piece to life.
          Jim

Comment

Hi,
            Just wanted to thank all who were kind enough to post comments and items on this thread to KG55. As I am changing my collecting area of interest, which will tend to be a general WWII collection of good quality items. I will no longer be posting anything more on this thread. I will be posting a lot of my KG55 items on the estand soon if anyone interested.
            Jim.
            Last edited by jim murray; 09-16-2012, 11:41 AM.

Comment

KG 55 and OFW Richard Stramm

Mr Murray, You have an impressive collection. I look forward to reading through all of your posts. I am seeking your advice and expertise. I am looking for any KG 55 items and information for the period 1 Sep 39 to 1 Jan 43. I am looking for a Flugbuch and/or Soldbuch for OFW Richard Stramm. I can provide more information for Herr Stramm too. Any HE 111 and/or KG55 battlefield relics from that period of time would be nice too. Does anyone have access to the unit log books for KG 55 during that period? Does any one have living KG55 POCs and their info? I know the KG55 association does not exisit anymore. Thank you to the many people who have helped on theis wonderful web site to continue researching Herr Stramm. He is the father of my Gemran wife's cousin. I do travel to Germany on business regularly. I also can read, write and speak a little German too. Thank you in advance. Please feel free to contact me and ask any questions. Any assistance I can get is greatly appreciated. PM me if needed, please. R/S and S/F,

Comment

Hi,
                I wanted to revive this thread as i find the history of KG 55 fascinating.
                Here is a small contribution from one of my KG 55 groups.

Heinreich Südel dated Nov 1942

[ATTACH]4206944[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by jim murray View Post
                  A super little group I recently picked up on the estand. It's to a Feldwebel Ferdinand Ruhr of 10th and 4th staffels. The group consists of his Pilots badge, EKII, EKI, Frontflug-Spange bar in bronze, a number of wartime and postwar pins and tinnies, his Wehrpass, Pilots licence, Third Reich ID and some other paperwork.
                  Ferdinand Ruhr joined 10th staffel of IV gruppe KG55 on the 26th of June 1943 after completing his pilot training, IV gruppe was the training gruppe of KG55 and was based in Dijon in France, he was there untill the 26th of October 1943 when he transfered to 4th staffel KG55 in Russia, he served with 4th staffel till 16th of April 1945.
                  During his time with 4th staffel he was awarded the Findflug-Spange bar in Bronze on the 18th of May 1944, the EKII on the 31st of May 1944 and the EKI on the 31st December 1944. When 4th staffel along with the rest of II Gruppe converted to fighters on the 1st of October 44 (II/ KG (J)55) Ferdinand Ruhr qulified to fly Me. 109s as you will see from his pilots licence. He survived the war and became a primary school teacher. Ferdinand Ruhr died on the 11th October 1989 at the age of 67.
                  Only now discovered this excellent thread. Really great focussed collection. Myself I am proud owner of some of Ferdinand Ruhr's items for a few years now: I got his Wehrpass and Frontflug-Spange. Both gems in my collection

Comment

I recently recieved this deathcard from a member of 8./KG 55. On the 27th of June 1942 the HE-111 of the 8./KG 55 with Johann Fabitsch on board took off from the Dnjepropetrowsk airfield with the Swoboda station as it's target. During this mission they were shot down by a friendly fighter plane. The pilot Feldwebel Karl Hiltner was taken prisoner, both Unteroffizieren Arthur Höckel and Herbert Stenkel were injured and Obergefreiter Johann Fabitsch and Unteroffizier Albert Schwarz were killed in action.
                    Attached Files
                    I'm proud to be a sergeant in the royal dutch army

Always looking for documents from the 126. Infanterie-Division.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X