• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Not too bad........
        RS
        Last edited by Guripa250; 07-21-2011, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guripa250 View Post
          Not too bad........
          RS

Comment

Comment

A rather interesting development, a relic hunter has told me that some time ago while digging positions of the Blue Division, he found some helmets, SD that had Spanish chinstrap and liner. I am in the process of clearing this up, by either finding photos of these helmets to see if its just early war German roller buckle chinstraps or if they are actually Spanish, also to see what model helmets are we talking about if they are 35, 40 or 42´s......

If its 35´s just wonder if they are Spanish M35 exports i wonder, interesting clues that need answering.....

I´m on it!!!

PS what is very interesting is that we know for a fact that certain elements of Spanish equipment like belts were used on the eastern front, now so far we know that Spanish helmets were not used, yet we also know that the troops on the trains that brought the Aguinaldo wore Spanish uniforms.

Note the spanish bouckle in use!!!!!

Last edited by Spanish Freiwillige; 08-24-2011, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Happy that Jamie went back to this MARVELLOUS thread!!I realy hink that this is becoming a real data bank about the BD memorabilia.

The fact itself that no one single helmet of the BD in excellent/mint condition is in any collection means that every single spanish soldier fought till the death.

War is an horrible thing at 360 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by Spanish Freiwillige View Post
                  detail of relics from the Novgorod sector:

Helmet 1 Winter white wash M42:

Helmet 2 Battle damaged DD helmet:

Helmet 3 DD helmet:

I know other relic helmets have surfaced in other areas of the DEV battlefileds, so if anybody else wants to show them please do

Thanks for sharing! very interesting researching
                  The first helmet (M42) also is belonged to Div. Azul?

Comment

Originally posted by mikola View Post
                    Thanks for sharing! very interesting researching
                    The first helmet (M42) also is belonged to Div. Azul?
                    Found in the Spanish sector, so it has a chance, put not 100% sure, the winter paint is to thick to see if there is decal under it

Comment

Found in the Spanish sector, so it has a chance, put not 100% sure, the winter paint is to thick to see if there is decal under it
                      Sorry, but M42 from Span. Div. in Novgorod area...i think it`s impossible..

Comment

Sorry, but M42 from Span. Div. in Novgorod area...i think it`s impossible..
                        M42 were comon in the division as well......

and remember they were there from 1941 to 1944

now form 1941 to 43 it was the blue Division form 43 to 44 a samller contingent called the Blue legion, then onward were just scatered contingents both in the Heer and waffen SS until 45

Comment

Now here are some photos of mebers of the division and/or legion wearing M42 model helmet:

Now the first contingent was equiped with M40´s and some M35´s in the first pages of this thread you will find some of the rare originals in non relic state, then the subsequent contingents were equiped with M42´s

here is arare original!!!

Comment

Now here are some photos of mebers of the division and/or legion wearing M42 model helmet:

Now the first contingent was equiped with M40´s and some M35´s in the first pages of this thread you will find some of the rare originals in non relic state, then the subsequent contingents were equiped with M42´s

here is arare original!!!

I agree with you, but.. i coldn`t believe in M42 in Novgorod sector. The helmet M42 from Leningrad - it`s possible, of course..

Comment

Now when it comes to winter camulfage well the spaniards used the same technique as their german counterparts, white wash among others, curiosu thing they seam always to completly cover the helmet they did not outline the decals like some germans did:

Look at this sargent:

he has a gohost heer decal on his helmet:

but more than likely the spanish decal if any is coverd up with paint:

here are some more photos of winter camo in use by the division....

now here is another relic found in the wochow front:

the only thing can determine if they are Blue Division or not is if they are found on the spanish positios, and remember, concerning decal aplication the spaniards were provided, along their life as a unit with M35, M40 and M42 helmets with heer decal and with out it, the spanish decal was applied at unit level by soldiers, so you find DD lids singel decal Heer lid and dingle decal spanish dcal lids in the model M40 and 42

Comment

I agree with you, but.. i coldn`t believe in M42 in Novgorod sector. The helmet M42 from Leningrad - it`s possible, of course..
                                This is form Chudovo, closer to leningrad, and an important railway intersection, as you know, I put it on the same map as it was the one that showed both towns!
                                Last edited by Spanish Freiwillige; 08-26-2011, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                                X