tropical pilots

2nd pilot. (p)
    Attached Files

Comment

3rd pilot

officer and nco (p)
      Attached Files

Comment

Great stuff as usual, are you both heading over to the W&P show this year?

Comment

tropical pilot4

Thank you for all your kind words, jim & Paul. As you can see i can now post as well, as Jim. So i will keep posting, new bits as they come along. Thanks once again, Paul.
          Attached Files

Comment

W&P show

Yes Mike, if i have any cash left. Think Jim is going as well. Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Woodbyrne View Post
              Thank you for all your kind words, jim & Paul. As you can see i can now post as well, as Jim. So i will keep posting, new bits as they come along. Thanks once again, Paul.
              That is very cool! and it looks like you have an awesome yard also

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Woodbyrne View Post
                Yes Mike, if i have any cash left. Think Jim is going as well. Paul.
                Good stuff cash wise i think iam taking dust this year even the moths have left

Comment

Originally posted by jim murray View Post
                  The tail piece and a photo of Ju88 DE+DS from Wekusta 2 a weather recon. unit which crashed landed in Caolboig bog near Waterville, County Kerry in Ireland on the 26th of December 1941. All the crew survived the crash and were interned in the Curragh Camp in county Kildare. The aircraft came down as a result of engine trouble. (J)
                  Hi Jim, just as an aside I once worked with an old guy that was looking after the prisioners in the curragh and he used to point out this even older man that walked by our place of employment at the time and told me that he was part of Mao Tse crew that were chased halfway across China before they got stuff together and took hold of China, would be glad to share the story with you sometime...Cheers

Comment

Battle of britian bomber crewman, all items except the P38 pistol (1941) and the Kapok schwimmwest are dated 1940 or earlier. the flight suit was taken from a German airman who came in London during the battle, by an off duty RAF ground crewman. It also came with his LKpW 101 flying helmet (which is in poor condition, will post later) (J)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Luftwaffe bomber crewman with his Battle of Britain RAF counterpart (J)
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by jim murray; 05-07-2011, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Battle of Britain RAF fighter pilot, all items except mae west (1942) are from 1940.
                        The uniform belonged to Sq Leader Ronald Coates of 149 squadron bomber command (flew Lancasters) He took pare in the raids on Hamburg, he also won the DFC and AFC. (but for my display I transfered him to fighter command) (J)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Outstanding collection

Comment

luftwaffe from ireland

Just arrived Late war leather jacket electrical heated, with LKpN 101 helmet, with grey leather trim. Paul
                            Attached Files

Comment

Pilots badge, bomber clasp in bronze, flugbuch and flugzeugfuhrerschein belonging to Knightscross winner Werner Oberlander Stkpt of 2nd staffel KG55
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by jim murray; 05-09-2011, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Werner Oberlanders Flugbuch
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X