POSTING NICKs COLLECTION!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with field gear

Now with field gear (and Russian Front service badge)
    Attached Files

Comment

Italian POW

Here's my Italian POW impression in chocolate brown dyed UK battle dress uniform! The Bustina fieldcap is POW camp made! The owner, from Naples, was captured in Sicily, July 24th 1943. I know this because its all hand embroidered on his camp made Bustina hat!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NickG; 12-10-2007, 12:53 AM.

Comment

period picture of such POWs

Here's a period picture in color of such POWs in the UK. Note chocolate brown dyed BD uniforms and green Bustinas! (one guy has his BD patched up with bright red fabric!!!)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NickG; 12-10-2007, 12:54 AM.

Comment

cap details

POW made cap with personal embroidery on cap !!! Prigioniere (prisoner) 1943. Trapani is a place in Sicily (where he was captured...) The other side of the cap salso shows embroidery and lists soldier's his name and where he's from: Napoli (Naples). I believe that the cap was constructed (camp made) with British wool!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by NickG; 12-10-2007, 12:50 AM.

Comment

inside

The inside of the POW made Bustina cap is reenforced with cardboard which came from British ration boxes: it reads "square biscuits" !!
            Attached Files

Comment

period picture

Here's a period picture of an Italian POW. Note Italian stars on camp supplied uniform...possibly a camp made or converted US uniform (note buttons) with nationality sleeve patch, as issued to Italian POWs in the States.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by NickG; 12-10-2007, 12:56 AM.

Comment

my patch

Here's the patch on my uniform
                Attached Files

Comment

Another shot

Another view of my Italian Prisoner (prigioniere 1943) impression
                  Attached Files

Comment

Polizei

SchutzPolizei (SchuPo) impression, city = Regensburg where Messerschmitts were built!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Estonian shields

Here are my Estonian volunteer shields! Sorry about the glare... (flash + glass)
                      Attached Files

Comment

Franco era Spanish soldier impression

Here's my Spanish soldier impression Franco era. Cool double breasted wind breaker coat similar to the ones worn by German gebirgsjagers, but in unique "Sahariana" cut !! (1940's era with resin buttons)
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by NickG; 12-16-2007, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Blue Division

Impression shows a Blue Division veteran with (Spanish made) commemorative campaign shield worn by veterans of the Russian front!
                          Attached Files

Comment

DAK officer

DAK engineer officer impression, wearing an Italian contract Spanish made "Sahariana" tropical tunic
                            Attached Files

Comment

Military Accountant's Pay Roster page

Here's a Heeres Verwaltungs Zahlmeister (military Accountant's) Pay Roster page which was found in a map case! Note Unteroffizieren and Gefreiten ranks + names + amounts in Reichs Marks owed + a Senior Officer rank shoulder board (missing "HV" cypher...)
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by NickG; 12-17-2007, 01:04 AM.

Comment

administrative officer

Heeres Verwaltung administrative officer portrait in pencil, same rank as earlier post!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X