No announcement yet.

POSTING NICKs COLLECTION!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually did pick up something German recently!

A blank (unissued) NSKK tab. Issued it would have had German cyphers in metal added or worn "as is" for foreign volunteers (who also wore these with an NSKK eagle pinned on)/ Note that during the war the majority of the NSKK men serving outside of the Reich were foreign volunteers using such tabs.
    See period image!

The RZM tag in blue is typical for political badges like NSKK (label in black print with SS flashes would be for Waffen SS sanctioned insignia)

However such blank tabs at a tailor shop could have easily ended up on a Waffen SS foreign volunteer tunic or SD tunic! The tab itsself is a twin of a Waffen SS or SD variant, only the label identifies it as an NSKK piece.
    An Ebay score !
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 12-31-2010, 06:54 PM.

Comment

A period image of such collar insignia in use by Flemish NSKK volunteers!

That's all for now!
      Nick
      Attached Files

Comment

Back to flight related material!
        Here's a nice WW2 (named) USN Aviator's Tunic (1) with pants (2) and side cap (3)
        uniform set, which is coming my way!

The Naval flying branch, USN pilots, were the only USN officers allowed to wear these distinct green Navy uniforms,
        besides khaki tan, blue and white, which all USN officers had access to.(almost look like USMC branch),
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NickG; 01-01-2011, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Theatre made Flying Tigers 14th AF = CBI thatre flight jacket with flight crew wing!
          Attached Files

Comment

Summer tan 1st LT summer tunic with instructor wings on the sleeve cuff.
            The shoulder cord is a post war USAAF piece I believe...
            Attached Files

Comment

Nick,
              Mijn complimenten voor je super mooie verzameling, werkelijk mega cool

Awsome collection...super

Edwin

Comment

Originally posted by Edwin View Post
                Nick,
                Mijn complimenten voor je super mooie verzameling, werkelijk mega cool

Awsome collection...super

Edwin
                -
                Attached Files

Comment

My Third Reich era civilian caps: (underappreciated by many)
                  fire enlisted + fire officers + postal visor + postal Weimar period,
                  updated with TR insignia + railroad (Reichsbahn)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nick, as already stated before, this is definatly one of the most diversified collections I've ever seen.

It honors you that your knowledge is so large on several themes. I keep on learning by viewing your collection-thread.

Keep up the good work

Regards
                    Jan
                    'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Great additions to your collection.

Keep on going!

Bedankt voor de info over die Bulgaarse Panzerpetjes, altijd goed om te weten, daar ik er zelf ook eentje heb.

Thanks for the info about the Bulgarian panzer caps, always nice to learn about these cap, as I own one myself.

All the best,

Comment

Thanks for the thumbs up guys!!
                        These aircraft recognition posters came from e-stand.
                        The series was quite large and not only included Axis aircraft, also Allied (non USA) planes were shown.
                        Published by the USAAF in 1943 and distributed for display-educational purposes.
                        You would see such posters hung up in ready rooms, control towers, ops/intel offices, etc.
                        All are marked "restricted" and dated March-April 1943.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by NickG; 01-03-2011, 11:36 PM.

Comment

more Axis!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Allied example!
                            Attached Files

Comment

A different series of posters in this period image, but same idea!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by NickG; 01-04-2011, 02:14 AM.

Comment

The USN had their own series of course, displayed shipboard!
                                Weatherproof no doubt and printed directly on tarpaulin sheeting!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X