POSTING NICKs COLLECTION!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other glass NSKK Transport Gruppe Todt tunic buttons detail,
    (The Guild had 1 button listed at $65 dollars a while ago!!)
    I have 2 uniforms worth!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 10-04-2010, 12:13 AM.

Comment

NSKK Transport Gruppe Todt late broke its affiliation from NSKK (after Todt died and Speer took over) and this unit was renamed Transport Brigade/Transport Korps Speer... no longer wearing NSKK sleeve eagles...sometimes eagles on the breast as shown by this officer below.
      They kept their NSKK type collar tab insignia (which were basically copies of SS rank insignia)

The men that remained in other NSKK units were considered criminals (Nazis), as NSKK was a politically minded organisation.
      TKS (Speer) on the other hand was not (lucky for those who transferred) and those men were treated differently upon capture.
      Here a group of TKS Speer men being marched into American captivity (Brest, France 1944)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NickG; 10-04-2010, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Nick

What an amazing collection you have. I think it is the biggest collection of all the WAF members. I hope I have the opportunity to see it.
        Keep up the good work and keep us up to date!!!

Marcel

Comment

Originally posted by voelender View Post
          Nick

What an amazing collection you have. I think it is the biggest collection of all the WAF members. I hope I have the opportunity to see it.
          Keep up the good work and keep us up to date!!!

Marcel
          Thanks for the compliment Marcel. You are welcome to come visit.
          I have had quite a few WAF members come take a look, even several from Europe!
          Yes I intend to keep up "the good work"!!! Thanks again! Nick
          Attached Files
          Last edited by NickG; 10-15-2010, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Items from the same vet who recently passed away at 95 years old.
            Note shown also his (pre-war) officer's Sam Brown belt which came in the group.
            Got commisioned as an officer in the Ordnance Corps, ww2 final rank: Captain
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NickG; 10-15-2010, 12:08 PM.

Comment

and some new insignia Gurkha (UK)
              Attached Files

Comment

just superb !

Congratulation !

Comment

Thanks Seb77!

Some more updates!
                  Insignia and log book of a SAAF officer pilot, "Boston Mk.III Bomber" (=US built Aircraft by Douglas designated A20 "Havoc" in the USAAF)
                  based in Malta and killed over Sicily August 1943 while supporting operation Husky (liberation of Sicily)
                  Included is his Commonwealth Forces Jewish faith volunteer pin, still fastened on its issuance card board backer card
                  (numbers matching). He decided never to wear it for obvious reasons!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by NickG; 10-29-2010, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Log book entries! Avro Ansons, Hudsons and after that; operational mostly Boston Bomber and Blenheims in the MTO
                    (24th Sqdn SAAF and 12th Sqdn SAAF).
                    First log book image shows his last recorded flight entry when he got shot down (KIA) over Sicily August 1 , 1943.
                    Of the 4 crew members, 3 bailed out but only 2 survived... He kept piloting the damaged plane (so the others could exit) hoping to crash land it...

Note red! He even flew a JU-52 in South Africa (ex-South African Airways) pressed into SAAF service when the war broke out... These German built aircraft never flew close to the front I would imagine!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by NickG; 10-29-2010, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Here a South African Airforce JU-52 (like my log book entry) transporting Commonwealth troops and a Douglas built Boston Mk. III (A20 Havoc) color image of the squadron my collection's pilot belonged to!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by NickG; 10-29-2010, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Bulgarian Captain officers impression that is coming my way next month!
                        Includes a German inspired Bulgarian M43 cap. Cap has crossed canons as used my Bulgarian artillery troops
                        and Bulgarian Tank Corps troops.
                        The tunic is infantry, so a slight mis-match. Still a neat ensemble I think.
                        Goes well with my other Axis impressions (Japanese, Finnish, Italian,Hungarian)
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by NickG; 10-29-2010, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Picked up some more Schuma insignia thanks to another WAF member!
                          Goes well together with this later pattern green on green Schuma oval sleeve
                          patch still on a uniform!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Picked up a nice Italian mess kit (Mess tin) for my NCO impression!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by NickG; 10-29-2010, 01:22 AM.

Comment

When the word gets out among collectors that these Mess kit were commonly used by the Germans
                              post 1943 (Italian Armistice) these Mess kits will no doubt jump in price!
                              Often issued to SS troops (in any theatre...here Battle of Arnhem)
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by NickG; 10-29-2010, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Lend-Lease US made British Battle Dress, officer (Lt) RASC
                                (Royal Army Service Corps) attached the the 53rd Welsh Inf.Division (restored piece)
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by NickG; 10-29-2010, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X