X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaime Sadurni View Post
    Hey Nick.....

when does de museum open??

On appointment only. A fellow WAF member was just in it yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter J View Post
      Hi Nick, first of all I would like to say that you've got a very. very nice collection over there. Do you have any Dutch pre 1940 tunics as well? Also, the insignia configuration on that Algonquins battledress looks very odd. A 1st. div occupation army stripe above the 4th armoured div patch? Very unusual to say the least!
      I have 3 Dutch (May 1940) impressions and a KNIL trooper. Leuk toch?
      Regarding the Canadian BD, I now own it. It came from a Canadian Museum
      that was thinning out its collaction. Had too many (vet donated) pieces apparently to put on display...That's the story but I've seen images of the museum (previous owner of the BD picked it up personally from the museum while he lived in Canada....now back in California)
      Its an untouched vet donated piece (straight from the family). We both were wondering and did not know what the red stripes ment...So those are occupation stripes...(early post war) We were both thinking perhaps infantry branch stripes like the Brits wore... Anyway it is a war time tunic dated 1943. Here's another image!
      Attached Files

Comment

Lets do some more art work! This is from the same artist as the SS girl.
        A Grünherz JG54 pinup. Original art work, only one in the world...
        Attached Files

Comment

Now some famous artists, not original art work of course...but still nice!
          Here some Robert Taylor examples! A Henkel Volksjager!
          Attached Files

Comment

Another R.Taylor, a couple of ME 262 night fighters in formation
            Attached Files

Comment

Another (one of a kind) original oil painting signed by D.Klein
              depicting a Corsair dogfighting a Zero...
              For scale note the LW tropical tunic on the left!!
              Attached Files

Comment

A staffel of FW190's over occupied Holland, this one by the famous aviation artist Nicolas Trudgeon!
                Attached Files

Comment

Don't remember the name of this artist but a German interceptor plane going after some B17's over Holland heading for Germany.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Sorry about the flash...these are behind glass...
                    This German period poster announces an upcoming artist's contest, where participants
                    (German soldiers in occupied Holland)
                    could enter their art work (paintings/drawings) and photos even,
                    which had to depict Holland as a subject matter... (1941)
                    Attached Files

Comment

This lithograph depicts Erich Hartmann and Gerhard Barkhorn and is titles
                      "The 300 club" (kills)....circa 1945 (600plus combined kills these 2 aces!
                      It was commissioned in 1989 and only 500 of these are on this planet...
                      Attached Files

Comment

and signed by Erich Hartmann! He passed away in 1993 I believe...So no more signatures.... He was considered the Ace of Aces with 352 confirmed kills at war's end, continuing his career in the Bundes Luftwaffe.

Barkhorn passed away in 1983, so that tells me none were signed by him... as these prints same out in 1989...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Note his trade mark "crusher cap (flattened top) in this period picture,
                          just like in the lithograph... same cap...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Gerhard Barkhorn
                            PHoto by the famous photographer Heinrich Hoffmann, March 11, 1944
                            Attached Files

Comment

Galland post war reprint of war time picture with Adolph's signature
                              Attached Files

Comment

It came (when he was still alive) with his (modern) business card...
                                Note title! (A.D. means "Ausser Dienst" = retired)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X