Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Original SS Mein kampf wedding casket ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has our dear friend Mitremad been busy in His shed?? Bill

Comment

Insane

Mitre Mad is not carving anything in a Straightjacket.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Hurman View Post
        Has our dear friend Mitremad been busy in His shed?? Bill
        Didn't he state it would take him only 24 hours ? This is more like a month or so.

Comment

The 2 boxes look OK to me.

I think it's just the grainy pix that are a bit off-putting.

Comment

No secrets

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
            You sure you are not trying to keep the source to yourself ? No need to, as you know the site is inactive.
            No, I am not trying to keep the site secret. If you are interested, I'll gladly PM it to you. I already PMed it to a respected member of this forum who provided their opinion. I simply do not want to cause any potential interference of contract. I am all about people making money for original items. But this is an expensive item and it pays to get some opinions first before buying.

The seller has 2! Plenty to go around if you can swing the over 3k pricetag!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
              No, I am not trying to keep the site secret. If you are interested, I'll gladly PM it to you. I already PMed it to a respected member of this forum who provided their opinion. I simply do not want to cause any potential interference of contract. I am all about people making money for original items. But this is an expensive item and it pays to get some opinions first before buying.

The seller has 2! Plenty to go around if you can swing the over 3k pricetag!
              Thanks for the offer, but no need to. Have you missed that I brought Keith's name into the game and my hint to the web page, too ? Let me know when Keith is back, though, if you would. Thanks !

Comment

How does one determine how old something that is carved out of wood is ?

Comment

I don't know? carbon dating? count the rings on the trees or simply ask mitremad whatever padded room he may be residing nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by DR DOLCH View Post
                    How does one determine how old something that is carved out of wood is ?
                    It's like antique furniture.

They can't artificially age it.

They can try..................but it just can't be done properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                      You can do quite a lot of things with the use of CAD-programmes and machines.
                      Tommy, the finishing done on CADCAM isnt as good as a hand engraved or handmade piece. the resolution on these machines still cannot match the quality of a craftsman in terms of finish.

Comment

Military,

I am not a Tommy but a German - anyway: it IS indeed the finishing here that does not convince me.

And yes, one can make a proof concerning authenticity of a wooden item.
                        The method is not cheap but effective.

Scientists use it when restoring old pieces of furniture or even old houses.

Furthermore it is of evidence with which chemical/natural stuff the surface has been treated and polished.

Definitely this is an expensive item - so producing fakes makes sense in the eyes of crooks.

I just cannot understand people who buy such expensive pieces just via the web without having it in hand and study those items BEFORE buying...

Easy to buy, easy to sell, easy to loose.

Comment

Originally posted by thorsten b. View Post
                          military,

i am not a tommy but a german - anyway: It is indeed the finishing here that does not convince me.

And yes, one can make a proof concerning authenticity of a wooden item.
                          The method is not cheap but effective.

Scientists use it when restoring old pieces of furniture or even old houses.

Furthermore it is of evidence with which chemical/natural stuff the surface has been treated and polished.

Definitely this is an expensive item - so producing fakes makes sense in the eyes of crooks.

I just cannot understand people who buy such expensive pieces just via the web without having it in hand and study those items before buying...

Easy to buy, easy to sell, easy to loose.
                          amen

Comment

Dr. Dolch,

Actually I am trying to help a member of this forum regarding his question - do you have anything senseful to add as well?

Comment

Sorry Dr. Dolch,

As our member Michael explained to me your comment was meant to be a compliment - I did not understand that because we in Germany use such kind of words when we want to show a person that he/she should relax and not trying to appear as being narcissistic, arrogant and play the know-it-all person.

Comment

No problem,I thought something was lost in the translation.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X