• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officers

Officers
    Attached Files

Comment

Great Chirstian, this is absolutly clear after this thread and the new proofs shown in it. Great job all, thansk
      Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
      Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Thank you very much Christian with this interested document this makes things very clear without any misunderstandings. Funny things is that the list talks about a brown striped rings instead of red.

Comment

Originally posted by 48RMC View Post
          ..the list talks about a brown striped rings instead of red.
          Great contribution, Christian.

To be specific 48RMC, the lists description of the color on the edge of the porcelain has a singular form, not plural. I like to believe that this is not by accident, but an out of german naval correctness precise description of the officer porcelaine with one brown, not three red stripes.

Enclosed updated overview

Regards, Loke
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Loke; 12-22-2015, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by compressore View Post
            Hi,

with the help of a librarian at the National Archives, I was able to get hands on this list.
            Indeed, we have now a very solid proof that the color schemes were used. Please find the respective pages from the document.

Regards
            Christian

Hello Christian!
            Thank you for the photo! This excellent proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Loke View Post

To be specific 48RMC, the lists description of the color on the edge of the porcelain has a singular form, not plural. I like to believe that this is not by accident, but an out of german naval correctness precise description of the officer porcelaine with one brown, not three red stripes.

Regards, Loke

Hello Loke!
              Brown border and red this same. Everything depends on lighting on which you do a photo.

On a photo there are mistakes.

1. A border not blue-gold, and it is black-gold.
              2. Borders green, red and black-gold were since 1934.

Comment

Originally posted by Stason View Post
                1. A border not blue-gold, and it is black-gold.
                2. Borders green, red and black-gold were since 1934..
                Hi Stason.

1. You are right, black/gold it is.
                2. The plate you are showing belongs to the Reichsmarine, Kriegsmarines predecessor so to speak. The name Kriegsmarine was officially launched on the 1st of june 1935 so the updated stripe overview below is correct due to its current headline.

Best regards,

Loke
                Attached Files

Comment

To be specific 48RMC, the lists description of the color on the edge of the porcelain has a singular form, not plural. I like to believe that this is not by accident, but an out of german naval correctness precise description of the officer porcelaine with one brown, not three red stripes
                  Regards, Loke
                  Of course that could be possible but the list described the green variant in the same way; Porzellan mit grunen rand. I'm not aware of a green variant in a singular form only in plural form?

Comment

Good point. Neither have I, seen single-greenstriped KM porcelain. I think the last overview is complete and correct. However, if you, or others find variants, please share.

Regards, Loke

Comment

Hi Stason.

1. You are right, black/gold it is.
                      2. The plate you are showing belongs to the Reichsmarine, Kriegsmarines predecessor so to speak. The name Kriegsmarine was officially launched on the 1st of june 1935 so the updated stripe overview below is correct due to its current headline.

Best regards,

Loke
                      Hi Loke!

Yes since 1935 the official name was to Kriegsmarine.

But military porcelain we see that to Reichsmarine was and in 1935 and 1936.

Here so will be to make truly:

Best regards, Stas.

Comment

Originally posted by Stason View Post
                        Yes since 1935 the official name was to Kriegsmarine.

But military porcelain we see that to Reichsmarine was and in 1935 and 1936.
                        Indeed it's not very clear when they has been changed the Weimar for a Km eagle, the same matter with Km ammunition there are a lot of evidence; 15cm SKL 45 1936/7 marked with a Weimar eagle or the opposite comparable that i have a cartridge 15 cm SKL 45 dated 1932 with a Km depot stamp (i see no traces of an older Weimar mark??). It's a complete riddle for me???

Comment

Found this shot in my files from when I visited Crete this year. Nautical Museum of Crete is a museum in Chania, Crete, Greece and they had this display.

John
                          Attached Files

Comment

Well I guess I am going to have to add a few pieces of KM porcelain to my collection. At least now I know which ones are which.

Comment

One line - and its meaning?

I reactivate this thread with the question and the hope for rich discussion and well-founded answers:

1. The color border - (sedalon-)green or (red-)brown - initially with three lines, was apparently painted later (from about 1943?) as a single line - is that true? Was that generally the case with marine dishes (from 1942/43)? This seems proven for the (red-)brown line decor. Is this also true for the (sedalon-)green line?

2. Which porcelain factories produced canteen dishes with colored lines?
                              Today, KPM (Krister Porzellanmanufaktur) / Waldenburg can be found in particular. Next were the porcelain factories: Königszelt / Silesis, Baensch / Lettin, Johann Haviland / Bavaria and Wilhelm Jäger / Eisenberg (Thuringia). Is there more?
                              In addition there are dishes with red color lines from Fürstenberg and Eschenbach.

3. Are the Reichsbetriebsnummern (R.B.Nr.) of these porcelain manufacturers known and decoded for the years 1943 and 1944?

4. Is the canteen dishes manufactured by the porcelain factory Wilhelm Jäger / Eisenberg (Thuringia) with a sedalon-green line but without naval stamp "civilian" dishes or for the Kriegsmarine from 1943 to 1945?

5. Was the porcelain factory Wilhelm Jäger / Eisenberg (Thuringia) made canteen dishes for the Kriegsmarine with (red-)brown line?

@compressore: Many thanks for the procurement of the pages of the "General Equipment Roll U 530". These are very enlightening. However, I missed page 20.

Comment

Regards, Loke
                                Loke, in psychology we call this the self-fulfilling prophecy: you are looking for proof for the one stripe red/brown and you find it in the singular form (mit braunem Rand) on post #121, but at the same time you neglect #post 120, were the colour for the green border is also written in singular (mit grünem Rand). My point is: the singular writing in the great documents of Christian are not a firm proof that the officer porcelaine should be with one brown, and not three red stripes. PS: I noticed that KPM did never produced the one striped brown/red china for the Kriegsmarine, maybe that is a clue? Happy collecting and keep all safe from corona! Joe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X