Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening the mystery box: Rettenmaier, maker of combat awards and lots more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Norm

I understand. Unfortunately I prefer not sharing anything more for several reasons.

As for Rettenmaier this was the only document, and the nicest document which was award related. So even when I post the other documents from the LDO shop they wouldn't be of any additional value to the Rettenmaier link. Most of them are about ribbons and medal bars.

I also think the name and number of the LDO shop are not of any importance. If someone doesn't want to believe me this hoard all came together well then so be it for the time now. Giving away all the information is very delicate as I'm still hoping for more items to show up. It would be too bad for me if they would fall in other hands.

And last but not least I also don't like some of the reactions. I decided to start off with some stuff and post weekly a few new things. These kind of things have always been the stuff that made my hearth beat a little harder when I could watch this on the forum disregarding the collector that posted it. Instead of a positive and open minded approach the only thing you get is negative criticism and the same old makermarked-notmakermarked badge discussion. I'm really really tired of this as it's just ends the same way again and again (I think I can count at least 10 threads which started of very good and ended dead).

People who know me personally know that I like my stuff, know that I respect everyone's opinion and know that next to my business I still do this because of the passion for awards. If I can't find any joy in sharing any longer why would I?

If you want I can always bring the lot to the SOS, and I would be happy to show everyone who's interested.
    Last edited by Giel VW; 11-20-2013, 03:19 PM.
    Kind regards,
    Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

Just saw this super 3d.
      My cased RK IAB was find with this lot.
      This is the badge:
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
        Very interesting info ,had been told on a previous thread many years ago that Rettenmaier never made E-boat badges?
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by merdock View Post
            Hi,
            Very interesting info ,had been told on a previous thread many years ago that Rettenmaier never made E-boat badges?
            They certainly didn't make the one you show.

The fakers mis-spelled the city by the way

Tom
            If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
            [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
            Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Hi,
              It's a flat back just like their other awards,perhaps they ran out of space and missed the n out?
              Mark

Comment

Hi Mark,

The back may be flat, but its certainly not a "flatback" in the context that we talk about these Rettemaier badges in.

Even if you were disregard the horrible maker mark; the rest of the badge is quite lacking in my opinion (soft details, soft reverse edges, weird-looking base metal, very bad hardware, etc.). Nothing on the badge is similar to what we see on original "flatback" (i.e. Rettenmaier) badges.

Tom
                If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Hi Mark,

I agree with Tom, that mystery-metal 1st pattern S-Boat is just a fake.

The so-called "flatbacks", shortened from "flat-backed zincers with hand-filed margins, often with characteristic striations on the reverse and typical round-wire pin setup", in the KM world come in two varieties seen here. And as you can see, there are indeed zinc 1st and 2nd pattern S-Boats in there.

Best regards,
                  ---Norm
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys

For those who are interested in some more paperwork

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...16#post6290916
                    Kind regards,
                    Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X