Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems you had a busy mailman

Nice, nice and once more NICE

The Souval one looks really like it left the factory with the EK added. If it has been really added later then it was a very good job the worker did.

Your second DK looks very very good. Sadly we are not able to find a maker for that one. As i always said, from the catch i would tend to Deschler as maker but that is far too less proof. Have you compared the wreath with known ones? I am not good in DK´s and it would be interesting if the wreath has some similarities with other makers....i can only see that it is no Souval and no Godet wreath.

Yeah, Luftschutz 1st class. Not bad, buddy. These are really not often found on the market. Are there any polished highlights on it?

Comment

Some super DK's Mathijs! Your RK/DK collection gets broader in scope almost weekly it seems!

I really like both examples! You and Nigel have infected me with the Souval bug to the point that I have a Souval piece inbound myself. Not a DK or RK though, so no worries!

The unknown maker will be known in time. Patience is the key with such pieces.

I like the Luftschutz medal! Not the earliest, but not often seen either, making it very collectible IMO.

Congrats buddy! Your "Humble Collection" thread is approaching 40,000 views making it THEE most viewed thread in the 57er section and one of the most viewed on the entire WAF! WOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Yokum View Post
        Congrats buddy! Your "Humble Collection" thread is approaching 40,000 views making it THEE most viewed thread in the 57er section and one of the most viewed on the entire WAF! WOW!!!
        Really ??? I was unaware of that .... When I started this thread, had no clue it would build up to what it now is today .....

Currently I'm working to purchase another 1957 KC Group, hoping to land that one soon .
        If it all works out in couple of weeks, you'll get the scoop on WAF, Mike .

Grtz
        Mathijs

Comment

I hope for your sake it works out Mathijs!

I look forward to seeing it!

Comment

Awaiting my KC Group, I was able to get my hands on this lovely early St&L Pilot badge .
            Its my second one which has a - somewhat chocolate like - brown wreath.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Matthieu; 05-30-2012, 08:39 AM.

Comment

And finally found a good way of displaying my small LW collection .....
              Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a nice early bird to me Mathijs, and the patina looks natural,a great badge..and a great Luft collection too......Very Nice Display!!!!
                -Nigelcharacter0255.gif
                sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu View Post
                  Awaiting my KC Group, I was able to get my hands on this lovely early St&L Pilot badge .
                  Its my second one which has a - somewhat chocolate like - brown wreath.
                  damn so you were the winner so close ahh well it went to a good home ever want to get rid of it..... just yell

regards
                  tom

Comment

fantastic display as well 1st class

best regards
                    tom

Comment

Looks like you bought some nice cases.

I like this display very much.

Comment

Simply wonderful displays Mathijs! Excellent job buddy! That is an LW collection to be extremely proud of my friend!

Concerning the Pilot badge, when I saw it I'm eBay my first thought was that it had been chemically aged, but looking at your pics now I'm not certain. I know you have much experience in these matters and I will of course take your word on the piece. Is it another like your recently acquired RO/AG with what appears to be an unfinished, brown wreath?

It's always struck me as odd how few early Pilot Badges we encounter, given how many TR versions we see. Much the same with many 57ers.
                        Last edited by Mike Yokum; 05-30-2012, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Aaaah buddy

That´s a really nice and big nest for all your birds

Feed them and keep them well and you´ll see that you need another nest in time

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu View Post
                            my small LW collection

They looks great together excellent collection

Comment

Time to add more St&L / Souval postwar badges ......

Spanish Cross in Silver ( by St&L )
                              Attached Files

Comment

Spanish Cross in Gold ( by Souval )
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X