Original Bread bag.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original Bread bag.

Original bread-bag, condition being almost mint.
    Can anybody tell me what "branch" may have wore this?

Thanks.

close up

Comment

Nice matching bag and strap. It could have been used by all branches within the WH, especially later in war. If it was mine, I would use it for a Heer infanterie-display.

Cheers

Jan
      'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

IMHO - it's very unusual.. - color.. and stamps... ?!?!
        RBNR.. with date 1943 on a breadbag with leather reinforce on loops ?!?!?!?!
        can we get a inside shot please

Comment

Originally posted by Kuligow
          IMHO - it's very unusual.. - color.. and stamps... ?!?!
          RBNR.. with date 1943 on a breadbag with leather reinforce on loops ?!?!?!?!
          can we get a inside shot please
          Mike, please explain, why should that be strange?

Here's a mint matching set from my collection, with Rbnr and date (43) and with leather loops.

Cheers

Jan
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Jan Beazaer; 11-05-2004, 02:07 PM.
          'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Okay, I was to quick, I know what you meant, the leather re-enforcements on the loops ..sorry, but still, I don't find that strange IMO

Cheers

Jan
            'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Hi,
              the leather reinforced loops we thought were actually a "standard" on most breadbags at that time.My friend still suspected his was of inferior quality to the pre-war ones which had better/stronger leather?

Would anybody care to put a guess at the value in todays market? - I MAY be able to talk him outta it........

Comment

Sh**, wrong again

After the 3th picture I tend to believe this is a post-war breadbag, the deviding on the inside together with the large leather loops on the front give it away.

I know that pre-war and early post-war bags are very similar, but the combination of the above mentionned features are no good sign

I had no problems with the color of the material, neither with the stamps, but apparently the stamps are bogus.

How's the leather feeling? Does it feels like plastic?

Sorry for the confusion, but I'm starting my 5th gin-tonic

Cheers

Jan
                'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

The leather feels okay and I would say was a lot better than the thin east-german breadbag type.This bag was purchased at the same time as the Y-straps I have posted for comments.
                  If I tell him they are post-war fakes he'll probably tell me to piss-off if I offer him a £5 for them.
                  The stamp is the same on the strap so doesn't really help any does it?
                  Is the stamp a known fake? can this be verified? - or are we going to see a flood of similar stamps after this posting

Comment

Jan - dont get drunk

now You know my concerns... my first problem was a stamp - where it is placed (.. the way its made - rbnr and full DATE...
                    then color.. then leather re-enforced straps

IMHO it's a good fake made of post war bradbag... I cant be sure... - but I would not put this bag to my collection, this breadbag looks like nothing germans could produce in 1943.
                    PS Y=straps looks ok to me...

Blindpew - where from You have these items ???

Ps Jan - me personally - the latest breadbag I saw with leather on loops was 1940.. I believe this method was dropped in 1941

Comment

My friends had this stuff for 24 years, I'll verify that.I've known him 30.
                      I'll tell him it's a good fake and I'll give him £20 for it then?

Comment

Thanks Mike for clearing this out. But about the date, the one I posted has a full date + Rbnbr as well...anyway, I agree that this breadbag is no good.

I'll go taking my sixth now

Cheers

Jan
                        'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Beazaer
                          Thanks Mike for clearing this out. But about the date, the one I posted has a full date + Rbnbr as well...anyway, I agree that this breadbag is no good.

Cheers

Jan
                          Well yes jan - I know there are full dates too - this yopic was on forum one time..
                          but still - most RBNR items have no dates at all
                          6th... cheers !!! NA ZDROWIE !!!!

PS this 1942 theory - is just my theory.. so.. please.. dont take it as a sure thing..
                          Last edited by Kuligow; 11-05-2004, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Beazaer
                            Cheers
                            Jan
                            Any chance when you sober up you could post a photo of the inside of your bag?
                            Just so I can see what it should look like.

Comment

I have one just like that!
                              Stamped with RBNR and 1943, I thought it was eastgerman first (has corect three hole buttons though) but my friend said it was just a re-sewn original that they eastgermans had used by adding a extra piece of cloath in the middle.
                              So therefor: Shall i rule it out as eastgerman?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X