No announcement yet.

Original Bread bag.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mike, here is an Rb numbered & dated bread bag from my collection. Info is stampted on the strap.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
      Hi Mike, here is an Rb numbered & dated bread bag from my collection. Info is stampted on the strap.

Cheers, Ade.
      Nice Ade !!
      As I mentioned.. there is no stiff rules- I know they exist like that.. but al l together.. all these small pieces of this puzzle are maeking me think that breadbag is

it's just my opinion guys./... I am not standing I am 100% right...

Comment

Originally posted by Blindpew
        Any chance when you sober up you could post a photo of the inside of your bag?
        Just so I can see what it should look like.
        Don't need to be sober for that due to my poor digital camera...

This is the best I can do

Cheers

Jan
        'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

OK.. I will do that here !!!!!!!!!!!

My 1000 post !!!!!!!!!!!! (Jan - now You can drink Your 7th round.. or 8th..

cheers !!

Comment

'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Originally posted by Kuligow
              OK.. I will do that here !!!!!!!!!!!

My 1000 post !!!!!!!!!!!! (Jan - now You can drink Your 7th round.. or 8th..

cheers !!
              Nice to have you around buddy! Congratulations on the 1000!

...7th is going smooth so far...Cheers to Mike

Jan
              'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Congrats on your 1000th post Mike.

To be honest I am not keen on the bread bag posted by Blindpew either. I would pass on it myself.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

congrats 1000th post Kuligow.
                  Cheers for photo Jan.

I still think its good.The stitching on the leather, the thread is the same as on the y-straps.......has to have been made around the same time in my "hands-on" inspection.
                  This is interesting.....No experts on buckles,hooks,clasps out there?
                  Last edited by Blindpew; 11-05-2004, 05:50 PM.

Comment

No experts on the buckles/hooks/clasps, shapes for period/post-war?

Comment

Personally, I don't like this bag not only because of the unusual stamp and interior divider (bad sign), but also the quality of the material looks post war to me. I've seen more post war items with that type of material than I have pre-45 dated items. But of course, this is just one man's opinion.

Cheers, Steve

Comment

I agree that the breadbag is post war. Everything about it except for the stamps is consistent with post war construction.

1) color of bag
                        2) inside divider
                        3) wide straps on the front
                        4) condition
                        5) type of leather

It appears to me that the evidence is overwhelming; case closed.

These bags are selling for anywhere between $10 and $20 now. Reenactors love them because they are close enough.
                        HC

Comment

? photo proof please.

Okay guys fair enough, I'm comming round to accepting this is a 24year old+ fake.Just to close the case FOR ME, -Any chance of some photos of "post-war" bags that look EXACTLY the same as this then? - stamp or no stamp.
                          That way I can show my mate evidence he can see, and then he might sell me it for a £5

- Anybody? - please.

Comment

Originally posted by Blindpew
                            Okay guys fair enough, I'm comming round to accepting this is a 24year old+ fake.Just to close the case FOR ME, -Any chance of some photos of "post-war" bags that look EXACTLY the same as this then? - stamp or no stamp.
                            That way I can show my mate evidence he can see, and then he might sell me it for a £5

- Anybody? - please.
                            It's not a fake, it's a 24 year old post-war one. Do a search in this section of the forum, with the word 'Breadbag'...there have been numerous thread about them in the past, I'm sure you'll find some pictures of post-war bags there.

Cheers

Jan
                            'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

I have one like yours I believe.... also a devider, and I put it aside as being post war... It has no stamps as far as I can remember.

I will have to take a look at my "junk" pile and see if aI can come up with some pictures... won't be sooner then tomorrow, cause I have to go to work in half an hour....

Tom
                              www.mp44.nl

Comment

found it, here some quick shots compared to an original

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X